What's you keyboard/mouse upgrade cycle?

Associate
Unlike other components (CPU/mbb/RAM/GPU/disk) I never upgrade my keyboard or mouse unless it breaks. My current keyboard is 10 years old and everything works, so I don't see any point in buying a new one, even though I'd love a Corsair K70!

Soldato
Guessing around every 3 or 4 years

But much sooner if something wears out quickly and looks tatty.
Example being i bought a £60+ Razor mouse once and the surface coating worn out in about 6 months

Man of Honour
I'm a when they break kind of guy on peripherals, currently have a ducky year of the dog which I can't see me ever parting with and a Microsoft Modern for keyboards alongside a Glorious model O for the mouse because my rocat Lua died. Mice seem to break a lot more often than keyboards.

Soldato
Basically when they break/wear.
Though in keyboards I've lately bought two with smaller timing.
First upgrading from Logitech G710+ to G810 after was it three years to cut down noise and now G815 this year.
(but both at major discounts compared to normal price)

Associate
Same. I only update when they break.

But they have to be fully broken. If 1 or 2 keys stop funtioning on say the number pad or the F keys, that's not enough for me to upgrade, however if the main keys stop working, then thats a different story. Likewise with the mouse, i'm still using a Logitech MX518 gaming mouse which i bought over 5 years ago, and is still going strong

Soldato
When they break although I'm tempted to get a new keyboard this year. Currently have a Ducky year of the snake (2013) which hasn't missed a beat but fancy trying a Corsair.
A mouse lasts me about 2 or 3 years (Razor Deathadder died after 1 year so not getting another one of them again)

Soldato
Basically when they break/wear.
Though in keyboards I've lately bought two with smaller timing.
First upgrading from Logitech G710+ to G810 after was it three years to cut down noise and now G815 this year.
(but both at major discounts compared to normal price)

Pretty much the same on my end.

I've always bought Logitech mice and I've always had to replace them due to wear and tear over them just flat out breaking. I've tried mice from other companies but they've always felt cheap/flimsy to me, or haven't felt right in the hand. My current Logitech G402 replaced a MX518 I'd had for almost 8 years, although I did have a G600 which I used for WoW which was great for that purpose. I'd initially tried a Razer Naga but it just felt cheap, sent it back after a few days of use.

When I am on the lookout for a new mouse or keyboard I tend to keep an eye out for clearance/warehouse deals, I picked up my G402 for £15 Christmas of last year and it was literally brand new in a sealed box.

Associate
as and when shiney new toys come out tbh. But recently it has been a shift towards wireless so about every year or so as the peripherals finally get to what I have always wanted. I.e. the model o wireless and a good wireless 60% keyboard but still waiting on that as i don't like the BT ones I have tried.

Permabanned
I usually upgrade pretty often. My last upgrade was about a year ago to a tenkeyless, and a few months back I bought a Logitech Hero G502 SE. It's not like the old one was broken, it was just looking a bit worn. I usually end up keeping one old keyboard in case of emergencies and just throwing the oldest. As for mice, I have I think about three 502's at the moment, lol. But yes, I buy them like toffees.

Associate
I am looking to replace now, atm I am using original dinovo media desktop keyboard and an ancient Logitech MX Mousewheel Mouseman mouse
31DRW4ZFTML._AC_.jpg

That one lol

Blue light still works after all these years but left clicky button is starting to go and give double clicks/unclicking when still held down etc etc, this is the current state of my keyboard which is now 16 years old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCjC2q8Bnpo

I was looking at the G815 and the 502 (can get both for £140 atm) but the ghub horror stories have me worried.

Associate
I have had the same mouse for about 5 years, it just works. The keyboards last 2 years max. I keep spilling stuff on them when I am ******.

Associate
Unfortunately I tend to upgrade mine as soon as something shiny catches my eye.

Wulf

I'm the same, I look at people's setups and spot say, a new mouse or keyboard which piques my interest. I have a tendency to change the setup on a frequent basis, reorganising my desk, going from a triple setup to a single based on the game or work I am doing. Black Friday sales also, picked up some good deals, Logitech MX Mouse for 1/3 of the price etc.

Associate
I'm the same, I look at people's setups and spot say, a new mouse or keyboard which piques my interest. I have a tendency to change the setup on a frequent basis, reorganising my desk, going from a triple setup to a single based on the game or work I am doing. Black Friday sales also, picked up some good deals, Logitech MX Mouse for 1/3 of the price etc.

Totally identify with this. Like continually seeking perfection. ;)

Wulf

Back
Top Bottom