• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Associate
The regular 12 is the phone most people should get.

Might have a look round for any second hand XR or 11’s given the price reductions of them both.

Soldato
Gonna go from 11 to 12 Mini
Only really use my phone for the camera as I live on my iPad Pro during day to day usage.
And the trade in pretty much covers all my costs which is win

Associate
Quite annoying they’ve ditched 5.8” screen size, I find the 6.1” a smidge too large (from trying an XR). In fact at times the 5.8” is too big really, one handed required a bit of a shuffle at times.

Currently on an 11 Pro so don’t have a reason really to upgrade this year but in future it feels like I’d have to go for a mini really because the “regular” size now is too big.

Soldato
Actually, having compared the sizes of the 12 and 12 Mini vs my 6s, I might get the normal 12 as its a touch bigger than my 6s but not as big as the 6s Plus sort of size...

Associate
11 to 12 in June, my Mum will get my 11 and then flog her XR go towards Greek holiday beer fund. Only thing that was missing for me on the 11 was a OLED screen and I really wanted a blue colour. I like the mint green on my 11 but that blue .
The inclusion of a usb c to lightning is good for me, two cables and a plug is better than two plugs when I’m travelling.
But if Samsung sorts out it’s battery drain on the S21 and offers nicer colours than Grey, cloud blue and pink I might be tempted back.

Soldato
lightning to USB-C cable

WTF!

I'm confused by that decision too. I can understand the lack of earphones and charger in the box because everyone I know, even my parents, have various spare USB chargers kicking around their house. I never even took the charger, the cable or earphones out of the box for my last 4 or 5 iPhones so they're completely wasted on me.

But that logic goes out of the window somewhat when it comes with a C cable because not many people are going to have spare USB C chargers hanging around. I think they should have at least included a C to A adapter to give more people a chance there. On the plus side, at least Apple's fast charger (now 20w rather than 18w that came with the iPhone 11 Pro) is 'only' £19. It's not exactly cheap but it's better than the £30 or so they wanted for the 18w previously.

Soldato
I'm confused by that decision too. I can understand the lack of earphones and charger in the box because everyone I know, even my parents, have various spare USB chargers kicking around their house. I never even took the charger, the cable or earphones out of the box for my last 4 or 5 iPhones so they're completely wasted on me.

But that logic goes out of the window somewhat when it comes with a C cable because not many people are going to have spare USB C chargers hanging around. I think they should have at least included a C to A adapter to give more people a chance there. On the plus side, at least Apple's fast charger (now 20w rather than 18w that came with the iPhone 11 Pro) is 'only' £19. It's not exactly cheap but it's better than the £30 or so they wanted for the 18w previously.
The logic is probably that people will already have a USBA to lightning cable so if they only have a USBA charging brick they can continue to use that. Conversely, supplying a USBC to lightning cable covers the less likely but still important scenario. The only scenario that’s not covered is people who don’t have a USBC charging brick AND don’t have a USBA to lightning cable, but that seems the least likely.

Soldato
Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue for most people other than those new to iPhone or those who only ever had one cable and sell/give it away with their old phone. There'll be a bunch of people moaning about it for a while but it's really not that big a deal and it wouldn't surprise me if other phone manufacturers make the same decision eventually.

Doesn't affect me personally since I've already got a C to lightning cable that I use with my Mac and I've got a ridiculous amount of lightning cables kicking around the house anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom