***Official Apple October 13 @ 18:00 BST iPhone Reveal Thread***

Associate
Late to the party here fellas.
Going from an X to a 12 pro in blue.
Anyone know exactly when pre-orders go live pls.
Guessing Friday but what time?

Man of Honour
The 12 Pro looks a superb phone, but let's be honest, these improvements are pretty incremental, hardly a 'must have' if you already have the XS or newer. Will still consider it anyway though :p

Soldato
I think this is the general trend in smartphones as it is... The only real upgrades we see year on year is a slightly faster chip and slightly better camera. The chip being faster is pointless atm as well because even the older chips arent being fully utilised!
The thing is there are plenty of ways iPhones could upgrade: 120hz display, improvement for the camera, smaller notch, USB C.
Tonight they delivered 1 out of 4. Spoiler alert for iPhone 13 above.

Soldato
This yr is really lackluster. Not that other years haven't been. Really what Apple should have done is give us 120hz on the pro's and a bleedin finger print reader under the glass given everyone's face is covered these days.. the inconvenience of typing your pin under the watchful eye of security camera's everywhere is not ideal. i personally pull my mask down for it to read my face, which again isn't ideal.

Permabanned
Made me laugh...

IMG-20201013-WA0013.jpg

Associate
I wanted the smallest phone with the best spec, so I was thinking of going for the 12 Pro 6.1, but the Pros don't offer much more above the regular 12s.
Therefore, 12 Mini it is.

Soldato

Out of interest, why do you see USB C as an improvement? My family have numerous iPhones with lightning ports, none of which have failed. Yet USB C ports have, in my experience, lasted 2-3 years on a phone. I’ve had issues with the port on my 15 inch pro and so has my father and mother on their 13 inch pros.

Anecdotal, of course, but lightning certainly feels sturdier and my mothers 6S port feels just as new as my brothers SE.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Out of interest, why do you see USB C as an improvement? My family have numerous iPhones with lightning ports, none of which have failed. Yet USB C ports have, in my experience, lasted 2-3 years on a phone. I’ve had issues with the port on my 15 inch pro and so has my father and mother on their 13 inch pros.

Anecdotal, of course, but lightning certainly feels sturdier and my mothers 6S port feels just as new as my brothers SE.

It would be nice to have a shared connector between MacBooks, iPads and iPhones. It’s not a must have but would mean packing one less cable, or not having to swap chargers.

Back
Top Bottom