And boomers wonder why millennials are bitter towards them..

Soldato
Please stop this low iq nonsense i had to log in because you are tarnishing my name by linking me this made up crap you spouted out of your own imagination and inability to read. Plastering was invented because in better days people wanted plastered walls and luxurys and while nice i was talking about an affordable home one i would like to buy at a cheap price and cut corners!
I asked a simple question, please refrain from your rude (and quite ironic) insults.

Caporegime
A crash is coming its inevitable, with the current pandemic and governments around the world literally printing money to pay for it, jobs are going by the thousands on a daily basis with even more to follow in the next few months. There will be an influx of reposessions, pushing the prices down further as the supply increases exponentially.

Yep. It's coming. I guess it's just waiting to see how hard

Permabanned
I asked a simple question, please refrain from your rude (and quite ironic) insults.

No one mentioned invented you literally asked an incredibly stupid question or B tried to put words in my mouth. I simply cannot mentally deal with the time wasting when people quote me and it is so stupid that you feel compelled to reply because it was sort of insisting that i suggested. Where did i suggest plastering was invented for luxury before you quoted me? If you refrain i will also.

Soldato
No one mentioned invented you literally asked an incredibly stupid question or B tried to put words in my mouth. I simply cannot mentally deal with the time wasting when people quote me and it is so stupid that you feel compelled to reply because it was sort of insisting that i suggested. Where did i suggest plastering was invented for luxury? If you refrain i will also.
I quoted it in my other response. You said that you don't need to plaster walls and that plastering is just one trade that is a luxury.

Permabanned
I quoted it in my other response. You said that you don't need to plaster walls and that plastering is just one trade that is a luxury.

That was after you quoted me i said that first in post 1050 i never said that when you quoted me. You said invented though post 1050 is where i said it was invented not before...

Soldato
That was after you quoted me i said that first in post 1050 i never said that when you quoted me. You said invented though post 1050 is where i said it was invented not before...
I literally quoted you saying it in your Post no.1038.

Anyway, this is a pretty dull derailment and reading your posts is making my head hurt, so I'm not sure it's worth pursuing.

Soldato
So just to capture the current thread position:

- No one is a communist
- Some people want to be communists
- Owning a home is impossible
- If you own your own home it must be because you got it a long time ago or got help
- If you ever BTL you will be universally despised
- Plasterers may or may not be overpaid blights on our otherwise perfect housing market

Permabanned
I literally quoted you saying it in your Post no.1038.

Anyway, this is a pretty dull derailment and reading your posts is making my head hurt, so I'm not sure it's worth pursuing.

Yea it is my posts that are the mess right? Because from post 1038 i did not say once it was luxury someone invented you made it sound like i was dumb and thought people invented plastering as some kind of conspiracy to make money.

I only said after about inventing plaster as a luxury in 1050 and i got stuff to do so i am out of this conversation you wasted both our time for literally nothing.

Soldato
And put the electric plugs on the floor, Run the cable under the floor. And i go no particular gripe with any trademan either again stop the nonsense i just want a cheap home not forced to buy one that everyone else gets to decide how much it costs because they put in excess luxury.

Modern solid concrete floors are cheaper than suspended timber floors so all you've done by not plastering the walls is shift the cost from walls to flooring (whilst also inconveniencing the home owner by now having all the sockets and light switches on the ground).

I'm not sure where the idea comes from that construction companies are spending loads on "excess luxury". In my experience, they'll do things as cheap as possible and cut many corners on the way.

Caporegime
Is it false? It is not false because how can my opinion be false smartass. Did they back in 7500bc gouge and have a BTL culture? They were better days actually fyi in Egypt there was no real slave culture and everyone had a home and a farming plot.

Just because standards inproved you think today is better days not with housing entitlement it isnt. Today is a complete parasite system compared to ancient times.

Also @MikeTheNative Do shut up man and learn to read.

Yes it is false. It isnt an opinion. You stated a fact about plastering and got it wrong.

So you ignore all of what I said and facts and double down? So your solution to BTL and the housing problem is that we should go back to living in mud huts? Even mud huts are "plastered" on the inside.

You can have an opinion about the housing market or BTL but you cant argue with 9500 years of history.,

Last edited:
Soldato
Modern solid concrete floors are cheaper than suspended timber floors so all you've done by not plastering the walls is shift the cost from walls to flooring (whilst also inconveniencing the home owner by now having all the sockets and light switches on the ground).

I'm not sure where the idea comes from that construction companies are spending loads on "excess luxury". In my experience, they'll do things as cheap as possible and cut many corners on the way.

A good example of someone with a strong opinion yet has no idea about the actual subject. A lot of the big national housebuilders have perfected the art of building cheap houses as quickly as possible then selling for a premium.

Soldato
House prices relative to earnings are out of control.

it’s £1.5m for a poor quality 3 bed mid Terrace house around where I live. I make six figures but with the IR35 rules and the Absolutely punitive Taxes even that is unaffordable without putting down a massive deposit.

I’ve said it many times before but High house prices have really destroyed our society and everyone quality of life

Soldato
House prices relative to earnings are out of control.

it’s £1.5m for a poor quality 3 bed mid Terrace house around where I live. I make six figures but with the IR35 rules and the Absolutely punitive Taxes even that is unaffordable without putting down a massive deposit.

I’ve said it many times before but High house prices have really destroyed our society and everyone quality of life
That's the thing also, I rent in an area in which none of the people I live near could either afford the rent or to buy a house in that area if they didn't purchase it a long time ago.

I'm fortunate to be in the top 5% of earners (though a single earner with a Mrs/kids so get somewhat screwed for that) & I'm struggling to find a place suitable to buy which I can raise my kids/have space for an office (as working from home is now pretty much mandatory).

I can't imagine what it's like for the rest of the population in work earning anywhere near the average, let alone minimum wage.

Had I had the equivalent salary (adjusted for inflation) 25 years ago I'd already own a nice 4 bedroom+ in this area if I wished easily.

Soldato
That's the thing also, I rent in an area in which none of the people I live near could either afford the rent or to buy a house in that area if they didn't purchase it a long time ago.

I'm fortunate to be in the top 5% of earners (though a single earner with a Mrs/kids so get somewhat screwed for that) & I'm struggling to find a place suitable to buy which I can raise my kids/have space for an office (as working from home is now pretty much mandatory).

I can't imagine what it's like for the rest of the population in work earning anywhere near the average, let alone minimum wage.

Had I had the equivalent salary (adjusted for inflation) 25 years ago I'd already own a nice 4 bedroom+ in this area if I wished easily.

Minimum wage is ~£16k average rents for areas with a significant minimum working population (coastal/seasonal areas) are roughly 40-60% of the average persons monthly income for a 1-2 bedroom property, even higher if its a 3+ bedroom property at which point benefits are required to even function.

Back in the 70s my Mother earned ~£2k/year as a bank teller, she bought her first house for £3,600. The deposit was £250 which, In contrast to today, where a minimum wage worker would need a £15k-£25k deposit for a property costing 10x their income and you can see why there is a housing crisis. Although I do expect house prices to crash significantly in the coming months maybe even as much as 30%+ like in big crash of the 70s and 90s.

Soldato
Minimum wage is ~£16k average rents for areas with a significant minimum working population (coastal/seasonal areas) are roughly 40-60% of the average persons monthly income for a 1-2 bedroom property, even higher if its a 3+ bedroom property at which point benefits are required to even function.

Back in the 70s my Mother earned ~£2k/year as a bank teller, she bought her first house for £3,600. The deposit was £250 which, In contrast to today, where a minimum wage worker would need a £15k-£25k deposit for a property costing 10x their income and you can see why there is a housing crisis. Although I do expect house prices to crash significantly in the coming months maybe even as much as 30%+ like in big crash of the 70s and 90s.
What do you think will drive the house prices to crash? If anything, the market (outside of London/major cities) will be bigger than ever.

Back
Top Bottom