***Official Apple October 13 @ 18:00 BST iPhone Reveal Thread***

Soldato
It would be nice to have a shared connector between MacBooks, iPads and iPhones. It’s not a must have but would mean packing one less cable, or not having to swap chargers.

Id certainly trade durability for convenience, especially since all it requires is the purchase of a type C to lightning cable for it to be equally useful :)

Soldato
Out of interest, why do you see USB C as an improvement? My family have numerous iPhones with lightning ports, none of which have failed. Yet USB C ports have, in my experience, lasted 2-3 years on a phone. I’ve had issues with the port on my 15 inch pro and so has my father and mother on their 13 inch pros.

Anecdotal, of course, but lightning certainly feels sturdier and my mothers 6S port feels just as new as my brothers SE.
It's faster and everything else I have in the house that charges via a wire uses it. If you don't already have lightening it's a non argument. USB C is superior.

Commissario
I forget the last time I took a supplied lightning cable out of the box of a new iPhone! If they switched to USB-C on the phone, it would mean I'd have to stock up on USB-C chargers and cables because there's literally only one USB-C device in the house.

But then this would be no different really to when they moved from dock to lightning, everything just got replaced over time.

Hoping brodit/proclip get a move on and release new cradles.

Associate
The thing is there are plenty of ways iPhones could upgrade: 120hz display, improvement for the camera, smaller notch, USB C.
Tonight they delivered 1 out of 4. Spoiler alert for iPhone 13 above.
Not sure if USB-C will ever happen at this point. They had so many chances to implement it by now.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

The thing is there are plenty of ways iPhones could upgrade: 120hz display, improvement for the camera, smaller notch, USB C.
Tonight they delivered 1 out of 4. Spoiler alert for iPhone 13 above.

Yeah, but if you think about it after 120hz, usbc and notch improvement.... What is there that people would want on a phone? I cant think of anything else that I would want as a major feature

Soldato
Yeah, but if you think about it after 120hz, usbc and notch improvement.... What is there that people would want on a phone? I cant think of anything else that I would want as a major feature
These are all things that exist on other phones and I was responding to someone effectively suggesting the iPhone 11 was very hard to improve upon and anyone expecting anything other than an incremental update was kidding themselves.

Caporegime
What's the situation with the 24 months 0%. Reasonably straight forward online thing or do you need to wait a few days for the process to complete?
Relatively straightforward I would think, if it’s online then within a few hrs I would assume you get an answer back. Obviously in store it’s straight away.

If this MagSafe connector is anything like the Apple Watch charger then you definitely would need 2 hands unless you secure it to your desk/table with double sided tape or Velcro strips etc.

Associate
I’ve never used Apple trade in. Can anyone tell me how it works? If I paid in full rather than instalments then do they pay the value of my old phone into my bank account or is it deducted off the price of the new iPhone at checkout?

Edit; I’ve read on Apple store app that they credit the payment method once they receive and check your old phone.

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve never used Apple trade in. Can anyone tell me how it works? If I paid in full rather than instalments then do they pay the value of my old phone into my bank account or is it deducted off the price of the new iPhone at checkout?

Edit; I’ve read on Apple store app that they credit the payment method once they receive and check your old phone.
Asked the same question myself , it read to me that they credited it back as a gift card ?
But I wanted it back in my bank .

hoping someone can clarify.

Soldato
Probably going to get an iPhone 12 mini. My 7 has been dropped a lot of times so the shell has loads of dings and there is a fine crack across the screen. The battery seems to be on the way out too as I have to charge it at least twice per day if I use the internet a lot.

Was thinking on the SE but it's basically the same as my existing phone. Like the larger screen but smaller dimensions on the 12 mini.

Back
Top Bottom