40-43" TV recommendation

Associate
Hello everyone.

I am looking to purchase a new 40-43" TV and wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

The TV will be used in my bedroom, possibly at a slight viewing angle.

I will be using it to watch Sky HD, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.

I have looked at the LG43UN81006B, Samsung 43Q60T, Samsung UE43TU8500 and Panasonic TX40HX800B, but cannot decide.

My budget is up to £600

Any recommendations or suggestions of which TV to go for / avoid would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Following this with interest. All the review sites for this size TV (specifically been reading rtings and what hifi) just keep landing back on the same Samsung which isn’t available anymore, old stock, which doesn’t have a direct comparable replacement of similar rating.

If bigger were possible there’s an abundance of screens, I just don’t want a TV which dominates the room. Manufacturers are, understandably, catering to the market for larger TVs.

Soldato
Also interested in this.

I was tempted by the 43" Phillip's Ambilight with android but it seems to be pretty buggy. I know from my shield that android tv can be a bit hit and miss when they update things so I'm not that fussed about the smart features as can also use a fire stick or similar.

The Phillip's has Dolby vision which samsung dont seem to support, not sure if that matters as TVs at this size don't handle hdr very well anyway.

Soldato
Got to love a website where all the recommendations in the 40-42-43 size are 43”! Thought they might have some useful
advice for me but the spac My TV fits is is hard limited at 40”!

Soldato
Got to love a website where all the recommendations in the 40-42-43 size are 43”! Thought they might have some useful
advice for me but the spac My TV fits is is hard limited at 40”!

There are no decent 40" TV's, not unless you buy refurbished or second hand. Everything at 40" is now bargain basement which is really annoying as like you I don't have the space for anything bigger without making changes.

Associate
OP
Not good, seems to be mixed opinions about the Q60T and if its worth the extra over the 8500.

I take it the Q65T that John Lewis sell is the same model?

I believe it is the same as the Q60T, just a different number.

So now I have to decide whether to sit and wait to see if Samsung release a firmware fix, or look for an alternative.

Does anyone have any experience with the LG 43UN81006lb, primarily in a dark room ? As the TV will be for my bedroom, I am curious to know what it is like viewing it without any light available.. Some have said to steer clear..

nam

nam

Soldato
I have the Samsung series 7 43" , which i got in 2018
Model : Samsung UE43NU7400

really sharp and vibrant colours and very good smart content apps. I got it for £350 black Friday sale. I would like to get the same again if avaliable in this years black Friday sale

Back
Top Bottom