• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Either they don’t have the buying power or they’re just sticking them in pre made builds because they will get a better mark up on that
They very much do have the buying power. For instance, I know that they’ve ordered more cards than the other UK competitor and the Danish competitor, it’s just they haven’t come in through their supplier / the comms have been poor.

Before the end of October I expect to see things shifting along more regularly, by the end of November queues should be dropping a lot and by Christmas we should see a big slice of stock as the ships with the larger volumes start hitting the UK regularly.

Associate
Got called stupid and naive by multiple people on Facebook for DARING to have faith that I'll be playing Cyberpunk on my very own 3090 at launch

PC Gamer comment sections are full of the absolute dregs of the community

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Got called stupid and naive by multiple people on Facebook for DARING to have faith that I'll be playing Cyberpunk on my very own 3090 at launch

PC Gamer comment sections are full of the absolute dregs of the community
If you’re in the top 10 of the queue, it’s possible. Anything else is a pipe dream at this stage!

However, I think it’ll be touch and go come Cyberpunk launch day as I fully expect larger volumes of stock to hit at that point anyway.

Associate
If you’re in the top 10 of the queue, it’s possible. Anything else is a pipe dream at this stage!

However, I think it’ll be touch and go come Cyberpunk launch day as I fully expect larger volumes of stock to hit at that point anyway.
Top 50, by which I mean literally 50th since a couple of people cancelled.
If 50 can't be mustered in just over a month then yeowch

As an aside, you WERE joking right?

Last edited:
Associate
Aye, would be nice!

I just placed an order for a ASUS 3090 OC full machine... then saw that guys post about being 350+ in the queue :eek:

Its gonna be a lot higher than that. I ordered 24 hours after pre order (25th September) and im 384th in queue so its probably up to crazy numbers now

Associate
Just a note to say IF you try and order you get an error stating you need to log in to your account - even if you are logged in. So my guess is they are not actually available. Had a similar issue with them last week when they 'claimed' to have stock.

Associate
Decent. Its just a silicon lottery. First one bought by a forum member here won the silicon lottery and his runs at a higher overclock than any asus strix oc reviewed anywhere without using 480W of power as well.

Are they not really much of muchness besides from that? I mean I know some brands have a better reputation of being more high end and that Palit seem to be more 'low' end but is there really a whole lot of difference I wonder or is that being a bit naive?

Caporegime
Are they not really much of muchness besides from that? I mean I know some brands have a better reputation of being more high end and that Palit seem to be more 'low' end but is there really a whole lot of difference I wonder or is that being a bit naive?

Some are certainly better built (asus, evga) some have better/quieter coolers than others, some have different warranties but its basically a 10% chance you get a 2050-2100Mhz card no matter which you buy. 30% are lemons and barely overclock and stick in the 1900s and the other 60% will hit 2000Mhz.

I saw a 3090 strix oc review which could barely overclock past its clocks out of the box even with 480W of power on tap. SOme gpu chips hit their peak long before you get to the 480W power limit.

All the strix power limit does is it enables your gpu to hit its max limits. It doesnt guarantee that its a good chip. You can buy an Asus strix and have it using only 400W of power and maxing out at 1960Mhz and also buy a MSI gaming which has the lowest power limit of any card despite having three power pins and get lucky with top gpu but still have it max out at 2000Mhz purely cause the card is starved of power (of course people are then flashing the strix bios onto the MSI card and are now getting 2100Mhz overclocks if they had a decent gpu.

It was the same with the 2080ti cards. Both of mine are Inno3d cards. Nothing special, very definitely near the bottom for cost when bought but both sit at 2100Mhz all day long.

I had a Pallit 1080ti and a Pallit 980ti and got lucky with both and both were very very good overclockers. The Pallit 1080ti had one of the best AIB coolers on as well and was one of the coolest 1080ti you could buy and also one of the cheapest.

Only thing wrong with pallit is the 2 year warranty and you have to ship it abroad if it goes wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom