• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Rumours of Zotac Trinity board revision

Soldato
They don’t do hardware revisions because dicks don’t like the hype bud - there HAS to be an issue in hardware.
I’ve been a pc gamer since the voodoo days, I bought one Zotac card and the bearings in the cooler went after about 14 months - they have always been a cheap crappy brand and you get what you pay for - Zotac = junk

My experience and that of many others has been the polar opposite, outside of the gaffe with the 3080 Trinity they've been pretty consistent in both quality and customer service.

They're the only vendor to offer a 5 year warranty and on the rare occasion you need support they're absolutely fantastic.

Associate
Oh well if you bought a Zotac once that had a dodgy cooler then I guess that confirms all the 3080s need recalling.
It would simply never happen with something like an Asus Strix
Zotac are low end And low quality sku’s is what I’m saying - based on fact, they are a budget entry level AIB
They use the cheapest components and that reflects in the price and performance - I simply would never buy a cheap nasty brand like Zotac. - much in the same way I wouldn’t buy a tatty Skoda
The recent capacitor issue highlights perfectly why not to buy Zotac, it’s cheap and nasty and they use the cheapest caps, but you stick with what you know and I’ll stick to asus Strix and we will see who has issues first - it’ll be you

TrM

TrM

Associate
Zotac are low end And low quality sku’s is what I’m saying - based on fact, they are a budget entry level AIB
They use the cheapest components and that reflects in the price and performance - I simply would never buy a cheap nasty brand like Zotac. - much in the same way I wouldn’t buy a tatty Skoda
The recent capacitor issue highlights perfectly why not to buy Zotac, it’s cheap and nasty and they use the cheapest caps, but you stick with what you know and I’ll stick to asus Strix and we will see who has issues first - it’ll be you

I know it wasn’t directed at me but I’ll take that bet a strix vs my zotac trinity :) sorry but whilst my card is a basic aib version I very much doubt you will get much extra out of your card whilst paying a lot more then I did. Just let me know when u get it:)

Soldato

Someone sounds rather jealous and lashing out because he couldn't get a new 30 series, aw bless, you stick with that pap 2080Ti captain slow.

Associate
I haven't heard a Skoda joke since about 1985 lol.

Bought a Skoda Scala last year and it is really good. Not as plush as a VW Golf on the inside, but the tech is all the same and quality is high where it counts.

Back on topic, I have been looking at this thread a lot and wondering whether to cancel my Zotac pre-order. I think they got a lot of bad flak, some deservedly so. However, I decided to stick with it in the end. Deliveries appear to be coming in once a week, so hopefully the queue will be moving faster now.

Associate
OP
Hey guys, as a follow up to this. I received my Zotac 3080 Trinity OC on the 9th October and have had no issues; it took 10 days in total from order to shipment. I've OC'd a few times and got some decent benchmarks out of it however I don't have the ability to increase the power past 100%, it goes to 105% on the non-oc cards. There are on going issues with the firestorm software breaking the RGB aspect of the card which isn't great, however I've just avoided changing anything to do with the RGB as it doesn't really bother me.

Back
Top Bottom