LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Soldato
The CX and GX are basically the same screen apart from the fact the GX doesn't come with a stand and has better sound, is that right?

Did consider the GX but we were going to get a sound bar so not sure it was worth the extra

Soldato
I'm hoping the 65CX will drop under £2k before Christmas, should be doable. It is a shame the 77" is still so expensive, the Gen 10.5 fabs are designed for that size so they should come down in price considerably in the near future.

Soldato
The 65" has arrived and holy moly the screen is crazy thin coming from a 2013 TV! Gonna be sweating trying to get the thing setup and on the console. Fingers crossed the panel doesn't snap when trying to attach the stand.

Associate
The wall mount bracket for the GX is a fantastic piece of engineering both in how it moves and how it holds and retains such a large TV.

I actually thought the cable routing was better on the GX than the CX being the HDMI ports point down, not to the side.

For cable management there is probably at a guess 40cm-60cm of routing for 6 cables up and across the back of the GX. The cables are then accessible at the rear before reaching the bottom of the TV unit for routing into wall trunking or, in my case, into the recess of a disused fire place.

Soldato
So all setup and picture is phenomenal but unsure about the audio through the YSP-2500. It doesn't sound as "surround" and quite flat compared to previous setup. I suspect audio settings need tweaking and/or perhaps the 2500 isn't really up to it any more and an another upgrade is required!

Soldato
Vincent utube on shrinking £1350 55" cx price.
I think he may have missed the main point that the yield on the 48" will also be lower with the smaller pixels sizes, which may be more significant than having fewer 48" panels per
substrate sheet.
edit: I do wonder about the flush panels reliability with respect to heat dispersion, given the heatsink Panasonic adopted, and the overheating issues LG have on earlier sets
Why 48-inch LG CX OLED TV is Pricier than 55-inch CX - Explained

Last edited:
Soldato
Can confirm that the update works perfect with my RTX 3080. Anyone using this on a 3080 what should my nv control panel settings be?

6-FBDD2-AE-45-B6-4-D8-B-8-CB8-F819-EEAFB9-E8.jpg

also should VRR be on in Windows even though I'm using gsync? Also should freesync be on or off on the TV settings? Cheers!

Soldato
I wish 88inch OLED would come down in price to under £10,000. Frustrating how expensive it is. It'd be a good compromise between TV and projector.

Associate
So, I have a question about gaming, if anyone can help me. Looking at getting a CX as an option, but my 'main' gaming PC will still be in the office. It's going to be upgraded at some point soon, so I'm curious as to how the CX handles upscaling 1080p or 1440p game content outputs to 4k? Anyone got any experience? Obviously it'd be much more ideal to be getting 100+fps at 1080p upscaled by the TV rather than ~30fps or less if I try and run a 4k output from a 1070Ti.

Suppose that's another question, does the AI upscaling work with 120hz and VRR too?

Soldato
Is the BX version lacking many features ? At 1099 for the 55 it's tempting to go BX
Looks like G-sync at 4k120 still works after a firmware fix, so that's the main concern.

B series have a lower spec CPU and arguably lower binned panels - I don't think there's evidence for the latter necessarily?

Probably very little difference to the user really. Second fastest CPU in a telly is still miles faster than most other smart TVs. There may be some small image processing features missing. I disable almost all of that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom