LG 27GL850-B or S2719DGF 27".. Which would you choose??

Associate
Hi Guys

Looking for a Monitor to run off my new PC... only want to stick around the £400 mark as its a present for somebody... Ive been looking around and checking reviews.. I think I'm stuck on these 2 Monitors.. could you please give me any opinions you have on them? Also i am still open for any different ideas.:)

Cheers

Associate
I own the LG 27GL850-B and all I can say is that there is a reason why this monitor gets so many great reviews, its just amazing. Its fast and beautiful, its the all-round best monitor I have ever tried. Sure TN film monitors (such as your second option) might be faster, but you are compromising quality for it, and the 27GL850-B is plenty fast anyway. The only downside to 27GL850-B that I have noticed after using it for about a year now is its stand, its just too big and takes up too much space on my desk, kind of says a lot about a monitor when the only thing you can criticize at its price point is the stand.

Soldato
I wasn't overly impressed with the LG, tbh.

I thought the picture quality didn't match a £400+ price tag, but neither did the build quality - honestly don't know why LG are classed as a premium brand by so many.

The design of the stand is pretty awkward, too. Plus the red plastic strips everywhere were pointless and just looked tacky, imo.

It's the first time I've auditioned an LG monitor and probably the last, but a lot of people seem to like it.

Associate
OP
I wasn't overly impressed with the LG, tbh.

I thought the picture quality didn't match a £400+ price tag, but neither did the build quality - honestly don't know why LG are classed as a premium brand by so many.

The design of the stand is pretty awkward, too. Plus the red plastic strips everywhere were pointless and just looked tacky, imo.

It's the first time I've auditioned an LG monitor and probably the last, but a lot of people seem to like it.

Really mate? what monitor do you have now?

Associate
OP
I have a 5 year old BenQ, 27", 1440p, 60Hz.

I've been trying to get a new monitor since this time last year but haven't seen anything I like.

I've currently got my eye on the Asus VG27AQ, so might give that a go and see what it's like.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/asus/tuf-vg27aq

It’s got decent ratings that one. I’ve not seen that when I’ve been doing my research.

Back
Top Bottom