To Pop-Up Shop, or not? (During Pandemic)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Hi All,

After a bit of advice please.

I've been working on my own business this year, and I had plans to launch my products in a Pop-Up Shop location on Link Street in Birmingham - for those unaware this is an internal walk-way of shops between Birmingham New Street Train Station /Grand Central Shopping Complex and the Bullring Shopping Centre.

Decent location I thought, and timing wise it'll be the end of November so good for Xmas shoppers, however... COVID!

I've not been out on foot much during this pandemic so I'm unaware of whether I would still see significant foot traffic, or if it's reduced to a level where having a store en route is pointless.

Any advice from those still out and about would be really appreciated.

Soldato
Probably not the best of times to open a new business, I would wait it out if you can especially if it’s a retail business.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
So let me get this straight, you are a shop? :p
Haha I'm attempting to be :)

Make sure you take card payments and have plenty of PPE.
Yeh I've got a payment method lined up and me and the wife planned it all out in terms of social distance and wipe-downs etc.

Probably not the best of times to open a new business, I would wait it out if you can especially if it’s a retail business.
I'm hoping it's a good product range for x-mas, they'll be available online too I'll just have to hit the advertising hard - I was hoping the pop-up shop would help. Perhaps not as much during these times.

What are your products?
I did write out a reply... but I thought I'd let you guys have some fun guessing - how about whoever guesses right can get a 10% discount on 1 item (or trade it to another forumite if they don't want it) :) Oh wait, is that allowed mods?

Back
Top Bottom