• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
Cancelled my 3090 Strix OC yesterday (was 158 in the queue) so queue positions are changing, be interesting to see if others on the same queue get an updated email.

Decided with the news that Nvidia is swapping to TSMC's 7nm node to wait for that. I think a 3080ti 20GB on TSMC 7nm card is very likely at this point - it should have much lower power consumption, higher clocks and better availability. Tbh I doubt I'd have had my Strix 3090 OC much before the new year anyway.

This launch has been terrible and I'm glad to be done with it. Roll on big navi and the 7nm versions of the 3080/3090.

Wonder what the difference will be in games\price VS 7nm
I do think NV will use the 21gb ram

Last edited:
Soldato
Wonder how difference in games\price 7nm will bring?
I do think NV will use the 21gb ram

I think it depends on how big navi performs. Nvidia won't let them get close to winning - IMO the 3080ti 20GB (assuming it's called as such) will be faster than the 3090 in most games, as the 7nm process is so much better. The chips are bound to cost more though, unless Nvidia gave them a multi-year insane contract.

I think a 3080ti 20GB for £1000 will go down well. Faster than 3090 performance, lower TDP, lower noise, no VRAM concerns.

Soldato
I think it depends on how big navi performs. Nvidia won't let them get close to winning - IMO the 3080ti 20GB (assuming it's called as such) will be faster than the 3090 in most games, as the 7nm process is so much better. The chips are bound to cost more though, unless Nvidia gave them a multi-year insane contract.

I think a 3080ti 20GB for £1000 will go down well. Faster than 3090 performance, lower TDP, lower noise, no VRAM concerns.

You should work for AMD marketing :D

But it does make one think...

Caporegime
A £1000 3080ti (20gb) will go down well. Your having a laugh. Lets all add more vram and add another £400. Jesus please stop now (nvidia)

It will. Nvidia have done it before with the 1080ti and Titan. If you cant afford or dont need a 20gb 3080ti then buy a 3080 10gb.

It will offer 85-90% of the performance of the 3080ti anyway.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I’d like to know this. They were meant to arrive yesterday Gibbo has not posted their arrival or delay

Same. It's a little annoying to be told something, then it turn out to possibly be inaccurate, then no update and just left hanging. I'd rather have heard nothing if the information they had wasn't that accurate.

Associate
Same. It's a little annoying to be told something, then it turn out to possibly be inaccurate, then no update and just left hanging. I'd rather have heard nothing if the information they had wasn't that accurate.

Very much this.. what's the point in telling us its coming in to build up our hopes only to then go silent and tell us nothing? What was the point in that?? That's worse than getting NO information at all!!!

Associate
Very much this.. what's the point in telling us its coming in to build up our hopes only to then go silent and tell us nothing? What was the point in that?? That's worse than getting NO information at all!!!

I know. I get that information regarding shipments can be very fluid, but the least they can do after giving inaccurate information is to then follow it up. I'm personally starting to get the impression that OCUK's customer service is on a rapid decline. I also placed a small order yesterday and paid for next day dpd delivery, and they didn't ship it on time despite it being placed hours before their cut-off time. Thus no delivery at all today despite it being paid for. OCUK have marked my order as "shipped" except it hasn't shipped at all because dpd haven't got my item.

Associate
I see another retailer just put up 10 pallit 3090 as in stock and ready to dispatch today.

Seems like Pallit are coming in faster than other cards atm.

I think it's probably more that demand for the Palit cards is much lower to be honest :D - don't get me wrong, they are probably just fine, but if you are already spending a decent amount of money you may as well go the whole mile and get something "premium".

Caporegime
I think it's probably more that demand for the Palit cards is much lower to be honest :D - don't get me wrong, they are probably just fine, but if you are already spending a decent amount of money you may as well go the whole mile and get something "premium".

Yeah I think you might be right. i think there were barely any preorders on the 3090 unofficial list for Pallit so they may not be shipping anymore cards than anybody else but they would come into stock the soonest.

Back
Top Bottom