Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Amazon
ASOS
NCYT (maybe - research it)
BOO (higher risk, but higher return and one would hope long term all their issues will be resolved)
NIO (small amount, gamble but could pay off hugely in long term)
NEX

Thanks for the suggestion. Should been a bit more specific in about where should I turn to buy the shares, any traders/companies?

OcUK Staff
Thanks for the suggestion. Should been a bit more specific in about where should I turn to buy the shares, any traders/companies?

I use 212, simple and no fees as they make their money on the SP and I find their mobile APP very useful, easy and quick to use. Only complaint is they don't have all stocks available, even some old classics such as SOLG and AAZ on not on 212 and some recent boomers like SNG, VAL are not listed on 212 either.

HL I believe is good but they do have fees for transactions so but if your long term and not day trading HL is a good option.

Soldato
I use 212, simple and no fees as they make their money on the SP and I find their mobile APP very useful, easy and quick to use. Only complaint is they don't have all stocks available, even some old classics such as SOLG and AAZ on not on 212 and some recent boomers like SNG, VAL are not listed on 212 either.

HL I believe is good but they do have fees for transactions so but if your long term and not day trading HL is a good option.

Just thinking, but are you not better on a fee based platform? Just thinking if buying at higher values like you do then it might worth out cheaper paying £10 per share than the increased prices?

Associate

Thank you very much Gibbo :) Will look into that later this afternoon after a bit of a kip. Been on nights again so not a good idea to start trading with a post night brain :D

Soldato

I'm on HL, if you're doing long terms then its good, but for small amounts and day trading its not really practical.
I have thought about a move to 212 but haven't really read into it and worked out the benefits to me personally yet.

Soldato
I have AjBell and Share centre dealing accounts, they even do frequent dealing options, but i use IG markets and cfd account for day trading(sometimes only holding positions for 30 seconds or a minute or so), and use there live platforms, use to pay for there monthly level 2 platform as well, so i could buy at auction before market opening times, but you got to know what your doing.

Associate
I've been using 212 for the last few months as my first venture into the stockmarket, have around £700 invested in Amazon, Apple, Google, AMD , Netflix and a clean energy ETF. Nothing particularly exciting or risky but its currently performing very well.

Don
My understanding is that as long as you don't breach your limit, you can spread wide as much as you want.

It's how mine is currently setup, I have both a HL and 212 ISA account.
I believe it used to be the case that you could open only one new account a year for ISAs, but this has been changed at the time they released LISAs and it was purely down to a limit of £20k. Certainly recently I've been putting money in to different account since then (*awaits HMRCs knock on the door*).

Associate
I think the rule is that you can only pay into one isa stocks account per year. You could hold any number of old ISAs without contributing. You could also transfer an isa from one provider to another and contribute to the new account instead. No idea how they would check though.

Soldato
I think the rule is that you can only pay into one isa stocks account per year. You could hold any number of old ISAs without contributing. You could also transfer an isa from one provider to another and contribute to the new account instead. No idea how they would check though.

As I understood you can only open one ISA in a year.

You can however pay in to as many as you like, upto the annual limit.

Hence why most platforms will show you your annual subscription total but caveat that it does not account for payments on other platforms / to other providers.

Soldato
Ah okay so since I opened my HL ISA before April I should be able to open another one with Trading 212 now, maybe... can't hurt to try either way! But yes of course the allowance will be shared that's why they will want my NI number or whatnot

Soldato

New to shares, the best general advice might be to hold funds which contain these shares not the shares directly. RR could be a good prospect maybe but its also gone from 100 to 240 and coming back down some again, situation in many companies resembles a quick jog over the alps at present. Hard ground to be learning on seems like, also opportunity quite possibly.
Trustnet and morningstar list funds and dont have an interest directly in selling

Good news for RR I'd take that as, but its only one side. I'd guess 160p for an area to look at support in share price though it depends on the market also.
AAZ pulling back fairly epicly and a war is kinda fair enough reason so I figured 90p would be a nice flush out but also the lows at 100 could represent volume support and be as good as it gets and its only a tiny share (wide spread etc). I dont know how possible gold can come back to 1750, like does US election news allow that to happen but it'd trigger lower mine values; I doubt either candidate alters the course longer term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom