Cheap but "nice"

Associate
A Facelift C30, you can get it in Auto. It is not going light the world on fire but it is a nice place to be, comfy seats, reasonably quiet cabin.

The downside is servicing isn't cheap, not Toyota cheap, it's like around a BMW ballpark. And it will be old, the newest one is 7 years

A C30 would be a good idea, haven’t owned one myself but I have always like them.

Soldato
OP
Jetta looks like a good shout, thanks will have a look of there's any nearby. I guess for context she's used to driving an F type R, since the mini, so anything for the new budget is going to feel pretty average. But seems pointless to me spending a huge amount more to just drive through Croydon and the like and pile on a significant amount of miles.

Associate
Think she's either going to have to up the budget or realise that cars that don't look cheap aren't cheap!!

Think there are some Leafs on AT for around £4k show her one of those and say it's the best you could do :D

Soldato
What "Doesn't look cheap" will be entirely subjective. Does she want something that looks like it cost more than £4k?

For example, the A-Class & Jetta someone linked above, if you had asked me off the top of my head how much they were worth before I looked i'd have probably guessed at about the £800 - £1k mark lol. To me they look like cheap, basic, small cars.

Soldato
Just to add another consideration. That 30/40 minute drive. Was that during rush hour?

I should be able to commute to London in under an hour - but on a Monday morning at 7am, that's more like 3 hours.

Caporegime
Associate
My bet would be Audi A3 - will be high milage, but won't look 'cheap' and there's enough of them about that you should be able to find a reasonable independent to maintain it when there are problems.

At that price range, ny choice would be a Toyota or Fiesta, but its not going to tick the bling box

Back
Top Bottom