Prime Day 2020

Soldato
Regarding those ring doorbells, do they HAVE to be screwed in? I have an existing doorbell but being in a rented house I cannot screw anything new in.

Also an M.2 Drive is tempting but not sure what Motherboard I will getting with my new AMD Processor.

Could you not screw it into the mortar instead of brick or is it rendered?

I just screwed ours into the mortar in case I ever need to move it as mortar is easier to fill and repair. I didn't hardwire it either so no wires to worry about.

Soldato
Regarding those ring doorbells, do they HAVE to be screwed in? I have an existing doorbell but being in a rented house I cannot screw anything new in.

Also an M.2 Drive is tempting but not sure what Motherboard I will getting with my new AMD Processor.
Do you have a peep hole? I just went with the Ring version that fits in to the peephole, when I move out i'll just screw the original one back in, no damage.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
That's what I was looking at. We're not renting so can do what we like in that regard though, but I'd like the option of taking it with if we moved.

The Ring kit doesn't work with Google home though do they? I have Nest Hub in the living room and would want it to com up on there.

Associate
Another exciting purchase here, 10M HDMI lead for the man cave (£13). Will be able to install a TV along the wall I have been planning.

Resisting the urge to buy a Kindle Oasis and Hue stuff, going to wait until November sales.

Soldato
Dreamies Cat Treats, Variety Snack Box, 12 x 60 g @ £10.99
Go-Cat Adult Cat Food Tuna Herring and Veg, 10 kg @ £15
Woodford Reserve Bourbon Whiskey, 70 cl @ £20
Tamnavulin Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky - Sherry Cask Edition, 70 cl £20.50

My cats have very specific needs.

Caporegime
I wish i could but living in guernsey stuff takes about a week to 10 days to come even with having prime..

Having Prime doesn't make the shipping any faster or not of what i have ever noticed

Here it didn't use to make a difference. But I think they now deliberately slow down non prime stuff.
Usually takes 3 or 4 days now.

Man of Honour
I use them a lot sometimes

I Just added it up what i have spent over the last few years on amazon

£2000 so far this year
£4000 in 2019
£2850 in 2018

If you order a lot they used to send you an email trying to get you to swap to a business account with a summary of how much you'd spent...

Soldato
If you order a lot they used to send you an email trying to get you to swap to a business account with a summary of how much you'd spent...
Yes they used to keep sending me something about a swapping to a business account last year or something use to pop up with you logged into you're account

Don't remember seeing anything lately but i not ordered so much this year partly to having less funds available this year due to the virus

Last edited:
Associate

How about some 3m VHB double sided tape? its the stuff used for GoPro mounts.

Soldato
Anyone had any experience with one of these or robot vacuums in general?

I've seen a few videos/pics from owners (who also have pets) where the robot doesn't "detect" any random pet poop, runs through it and then smears it across the house, or the owner who left his door open and the vacuum escaped into the wild where they have no natural predators leading to the start of Skynet and the eventual robot enslavement of us all :D

Have Fun!

Back
Top Bottom