***Official Apple October 13 @ 18:00 BST iPhone Reveal Thread***

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I'd much rather pay something off over 20 months via 24 months and I like having AppleCare. I paid £79 for the back of my 11Pro to be fixed. Much better than the £500 odd that they'd charge for that.

The AUP is a much better alternative than just financing over 24 months in my opinion. They're both 0% interest so I guess it comes down to if you want a shorter repayment period and the safety net of AppleCare.

If anything the 24 month one seems like a rubbish deal

I understand if you want to have apple care, then it doesnt make a difference. But me personally, I dont care about it and take pretty good care of my phones. Not to mention now apparently that the glass is so much stronger you wont really smash the glass anyway so apple care is less important.

also financing over 24 months, you get to keep the phone after, iphones have good resale value so in 2 years time you can sell the phone and still get a good chunk of it back. AUP, if you upgrade your phone yearly, you just hand the phone back and carry on paying.

Though if you dont upgrade each year, then i agree its not a big difference and the only deciding factor is whether or not you want apple care

Soldato
I’m paying £28 a month for unlimited everything on EE, which also includes Apple Music which I was paying for anyway, so essentially £18 a month for unlimited everything, including 5G.

Wouldn’t call that crazy high.

Their current offering is £20 a month for two years with no extras and 100GB.

At the min it seems like I'm stuck between Vodafone (£12.50 per month for a year with cashback) or EE (£17 per month for two years with cashback). EE have better 4G coverage but two years is a long time to be bound to one network if the signal is rubbish.

Soldato
I understand if you want to have apple care, then it doesnt make a difference. But me personally, I dont care about it and take pretty good care of my phones. Not to mention now apparently that the glass is so much stronger you wont really smash the glass anyway so apple care is less important.

also financing over 24 months, you get to keep the phone after, iphones have good resale value so in 2 years time you can sell the phone and still get a good chunk of it back. AUP, if you upgrade your phone yearly, you just hand the phone back and carry on paying.

Though if you dont upgrade each year, then i agree its not a big difference and the only deciding factor is whether or not you want apple care

The problem with AUP at the moment though is you have to do it in store. I can’t get to one anytime soon, so if I don’t want to wait I’ll have to consider an alternative.

Soldato
Their current offering is £20 a month for two years with no extras and 100GB.

At the min it seems like I'm stuck between Vodafone (£12.50 per month for a year with cashback) or EE (£17 per month for two years with cashback). EE have better 4G coverage but two years is a long time to be bound to one network if the signal is rubbish.
There’s a £25 a month 200GB with 1 smart benefit which can be Apple Music, if you subscribe anyway that makes the plan basically £15 a month.

Associate
If you go to Apple store app and go through the motions of buying and trading in an old phone there is an info pop up box against your trade in section. This says that if you pay in full they will on receipt of your trade in phone, ‘credit your payment method’. If you opt for the credit option then your trade in amount is applied as an instant credit to lower your monthly repayment. All subject to trade in phone match’s condition as described.

If you pay in full and your trade in is more than the cost of the new phone they will send you an Apple gift card for the remaining amount. Might be where idea that they pay the trade in value of your phone by gift card?

Now i've re read it yes your correct i thought they were just going to give you the trade in value on a gift card .

Answer a few questions to get your estimated trade-in value. If you pay monthly, we’ll apply the value as instant credit to lower the monthly payments of your new iPhone. If you pay in full, we’ll credit your payment method after we receive your trade-in.
I'll be paying full for them and trading 2 in so thats fine as they only offered £245 for mine and my wifes XR 128G . Might even be tempted to try another trade in place .

Thanks

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I’m paying £28 a month for unlimited everything on EE, which also includes Apple Music which I was paying for anyway, so essentially £18 a month for unlimited everything, including 5G.

Wouldn’t call that crazy high.

Thats actually an excellent deal? £28 sim only with unlimited everything including apple music (despite being inferior to spotify) is very good. Especially with unlimited 5G

Soldato
Thats actually an excellent deal? £28 sim only with unlimited everything including apple music (despite being inferior to spotify) is very good. Especially with unlimited 5G
That was my point as the previous poster said that EE was crazy high, which I don’t then they are for what they offer and their coverage.

Back
Top Bottom