******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
So in other words 2022 at the very earliest. Will probably be playing it on next gen 5nm cards.

If this ever is released it better something special.

I can see it's got a lot of promise. It does seem to be too much sim at the moment for the mass market.

Soldato
Suitably vague as one would expect from CIG, though to be fair they've only had six months to produce a road map.
Yea i am not sure whats taking long. i can only think that they are changinig there ways of working and getting the tool to reflect that.

changing a way of working for 500+ employees doesnt happen overnight.

Who knows ?

I know Jira you can create a live sprint goal feed for stakeholders that gets updated in real time with matrix etc with points and performances

Soldato
saw a thing on another site saying call of duty is up to 250gb now and won't fit on that size SSD ~ dread to think what this is going to end up like. i have an old screen grab of a previous download attempt, it's choked off somewhere and it telling me the download time is 42 days or something :D eventually when it settled on the next try it was about an hour per gig download, game was about 38gb at the time - suffice to say i doubt i'll ever get to play this again until my game-on-a-ship-shaped-USB kickstarter reward comes through :-/

Soldato
saw a thing on another site saying call of duty is up to 250gb now and won't fit on that size SSD ~ dread to think what this is going to end up like. i have an old screen grab of a previous download attempt, it's choked off somewhere and it telling me the download time is 42 days or something :D eventually when it settled on the next try it was about an hour per gig download, game was about 38gb at the time - suffice to say i doubt i'll ever get to play this again until my game-on-a-ship-shaped-USB kickstarter reward comes through :-/
It's around 30gb ish atm

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
A quick question.
Couldn’t help but notice the prices for the ships.
Now the cheap ones are more than the price of a DCS aircraft such as the F18.
The F18 is in early access but includes highly accurate flight model, damage model, systems modelling, carrier capabilities, targeting pod and the ability to use something like 20 different weapon systems.

Are the basic ships in SC anything like that complex?

Soldato
A quick question.
Couldn’t help but notice the prices for the ships.
Now the cheap ones are more than the price of a DCS aircraft such as the F18.
The F18 is in early access but includes highly accurate flight model, damage model, systems modelling, carrier capabilities, targeting pod and the ability to use something like 20 different weapon systems.

Are the basic ships in SC anything like that complex?
THis game? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049370/F18_Carrier_Landing/

Anyways all the ships are like F18 mate

It already has the below

• good flight model
  • use a truck load of different weapons and missiles
  • cockpit individual controls on some of the ships
  • shields
  • defensive flares
  • overclock or underclock different things on the ships

WHats coming soon in the future is physiallies components where you can manuall ugrade/change and repair seperate components in the ship like coolers, shields, gun mounts, quantum drive etc etc.

Right now u buy from a terminal and it magically gets put on your ship

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Just trying to understand the complexity of flying in SC. Looks pretty straightforward.

The video I linked was purely to confirm what my baseline is.

I did find a video suggesting that take off was:
- power up
- request permission to leave port
- take off
So similar to Elite

Soldato
Just trying to understand the complexity of flying in SC. Looks pretty straightforward.

The video I linked was purely to confirm what my baseline is.

I did find a video suggesting that take off was:
- power up
- request permission to leave port
- take off
So similar to Elite

yes to all of that. YOu need to power up, request permisison to land or takeoff

Soldato
Yea i am not sure whats taking long. i can only think that they are changinig there ways of working and getting the tool to reflect that.

changing a way of working for 500+ employees doesnt happen overnight.

Who knows ?

I know Jira you can create a live sprint goal feed for stakeholders that gets updated in real time with matrix etc with points and performances

It's a road map dude, six months is ridiculous and it's STILL not ready, I think the fact you're having to theory craft says it all. It's BS, it's a six years late game, that was then supposed to be in beta Q4 this year, and for that game they need six months plus to produce a roadmap?

It just doesn't make sense.

Soldato
OP
I've concluded the release of Star Citizen is tied in with my retirement age so only about 30 years to go :)

Loving the 100 series though, no doubt it'll be reworked half a dozen times before release though.

I can't wait for us to move into beta in 2032.

Back
Top Bottom