• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
i dont think there is any point getting this console if you already have a capable Gaming PC due to the fact that all xbox games come out on pc

Sofa gaming.
4K 60inch TV vs 28inch 1440p
Boredom and fancying a change.
Tired of spending ridiculous money on gpus.
The list goes on.

The problem with games like AC Valhalla is that if it doesn't stream well to my PC then I have to decide which to purchase it on (I assume the saves wont sync either).

Man of Honour
1 and 2 for me. Also Xbox Series X graphics are more powerful than my PC, for now. :p

Plus certain games lend themselves to console play more. RDR2 on a 65" OLED for example is spectacular.

Yes, I've not fancied Red Dead 2 on PC, but could imagine enjoying it on the sofa with a big TV.

Then of course you have games that are shockingly optimised and I can't tell the difference between high and ultra settings often anyway.

Soldato
I've had a reply from a tweet to Currys:

hi there, the codes are being sent out in batches. these should have all been sent out in the next 48 hours. please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in getting these sent out to you. many thanks.

What an absolute mess.

Caporegime
OP
i dont think there is any point getting this console if you already have a capable Gaming PC due to the fact that all xbox games come out on pc

That would be my dream scenario. But I still have a great fondness for games of the Xbox 360 era and many of them are not available on PC. The only glimmer of hope I can see is when they bring XCloud to Windows 10. That might be a way to play Viva Pinata, Gears 2 and 3 without buying an Xbox. But I suspect that might still only be in 720p resolution. Which I'm sure all PC gamers would barely tolerate. :p It's going to take a year or so to upgrade the XCloud blades with Series X. Can I wait that long? Will that mean 4K streaming becomes viable?

I think I'd rather just pay me £400 and buy Series X which will last 6 years or more.

Soldato
Sofa gaming.
The list goes on.

The problem with games like AC Valhalla is that if it doesn't stream well to my PC then I have to decide which to purchase it on (I assume the saves wont sync either).
You can connect your PC to your TV hehehe

Associate
Yes, I've not fancied Red Dead 2 on PC, but could imagine enjoying it on the sofa with a big TV.

Then of course you have games that are shockingly optimised and I can't tell the difference between high and ultra settings often anyway.

I've got a 1080 gtx and get just about reasonable performance on RDR2 at 1440p. I really hope they release some kind of update for the Series X, I think with settings tweaks it should be possible to get 4k60 with mildly upgraded console level visuals, a little better than XBox One X.

Soldato
I've got a 1080 gtx and get just about reasonable performance on RDR2 at 1440p. I really hope they release some kind of update for the Series X, I think with settings tweaks it should be possible to get 4k60 with mildly upgraded console level visuals, a little better than XBox One X.
I think people are undersitamting how demanding 4k 30fps is nevermind 4k 60fps.

The new 3080 still cant run control game at 4k 60fps for instance.

Its so so demanding that the only way Xbox can run 4k 60 is with DLSS i think its called. That tech but thats used more on nvidia. NO idea if it is on the BIG NAVI AMD gpu that these consoles have?

DHR

DHR

Soldato
The currys pre-order codes have to be used (as in, fully paid for) by Sunday night.

So I've been told by them this morning, the emails are getting sent in batches to avoid site crashes! Nice of them to have told people up front.

They've said I should have my email before the week is out and that it doesn't impact launch day delivery, which reading between the lines isn't being promised now anyway!

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Sofa gaming.
The list goes on.

That and RSI plus general mental health, after spending 8-12 hours a day in front of a desk, it's worth it for the change of scenery alone.

Soldato
So I've been told by them this morning, the emails are getting sent in batches to avoid site crashes! Nice of them to have told people up front.

They've said I should have my email before the week is out and that it doesn't impact launch day delivery, which reading between the lines isn't being promised now anyway!

It's getting rather ridiculous now. I had the chance to order an X from Amazon and I really wish I'd gone for it. I was on the fence between the S and the X and pre-ordered the S through Amazon. I'm regretting that decision now.

Soldato
Right, I've had my codes through. Four emails though, which is rather interesting. Only two unique codes though. I've redeemed one, so I have a spare if someone that wasn't able to complete the pre-order from Currys wants it. All I ask is for the £5 deposit to be transferred across to my bank account via Trust first :)

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Right, I've had my codes through. Four emails though, which is rather interesting. Only two unique codes though. I've redeemed one, so I have a spare if someone that wasn't able to complete the pre-order from Currys wants it. All I ask is for the £5 deposit to be transferred across to my bank account via Trust first :)

Still no sign of mine, will hold out, given me a bit of hope. Whole things been a farce again though!

Back
Top Bottom