PS5 Games Tech Details - Resolution, Frame Rate, Ray Tracing, and more

Attetion: The thread has moved to PS5 Games Tech Details - Resolution, Frame Rate, Ray Tracing, and more (Resetera). This thread here on OverclockersUK will not be updated anymore, sorry for that and thanks everyone!

INTRODUCTION

Here you will find how your favorites games play, feel and look on PS5 through a visual guide. All games in this thread are native PS5 or upgraded PS4 games, no backward compatible games will be displayed here, because this is being covered by Liabe Brave in PS5 Backwards Compatibility: All PS4 games with benefits.
See more in "FAQ".

SOURCES
All data is gathered from YouTube Channels and other sources (see below), i'm also lucky to be able to count on Resetera's member Liabe Brave for additional help.
Note that some games or the "next-gen upgrade" didn't released yet, so these games will only be featured in this thread when i have enough data (probably close of after launch). Anyone can help, reporting errors, giving feedback, bringing more sources or providing 4K screenshots.

Below are some sources i will be using for this:

El Analista de Bits
Digital Foundry
NX Gamer
VG Tech

DualSense™ |OT| Touch Your Dreams™ (Resetera thread - Credits to Praedyth)

5TxJPTl.png

Q: Which games are presented in this thread?
All PS5 games and PS4 games with next-gen upgrade that we have relevant data about (at least resolution or frame rate). No backward compatible (BC) games will be presented here, neither games with a minor update that only unlocks the frame rate, like Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima (for more BC details see the next question). Only PS5 games with relevant data will be shown here, but you can find a list with every PS5 games confirmed so far HERE (by IGN).

Q: Why this thread doesn't include backward compatible games?
Because this is being covered by Liabe Brave's thread. We think that way it will be better for us to manage, and hopefully also better to understand for everyone looking for these information. In the next section you can find more about backward compatible games.

Q: What do the resolution and frame rate mean?
Resolution and frame rate info often list more than raw numerical values.
There are three things of note for resolution: 1) The ending letter indicates rendering type. For example, 2160p is native 4K; 2160t is reconstructed 4K; 2160c is checkerboard 4K; and 2160g is geometry-oversampled 4K. 2) "dyn" means the resolution dynamically lowers when stressed, to maintain frame rates. 3) The value listed in brackets indicates the average rendered resolution for dynamic native games, or the average source resolution for reconstructed games. For example, "dyn 2160p [~1800p]" means the game can render as high as full 4K, but usually is around 1800p (with some drops lower). Or "2160t [~1620p]" means usually native rendering around 1620p is reconstructed to 4K before output.

Graphic Modes:
  • If a game gives only one graphic mode to play, it will appear as Single Mode. it can be split into "campaign" and "competitive" (the 'game modes'), for example, as some games play at higher frame rate only in competitive, but it's still single mode as players don't have graphic modes to choose.
  • If a game gives two or more graphic modes, it will be separeted by Quality Mode (focus in graphic fidelity) and/or Performance Mode (focus in frame rate) and/or 120Hz Mode (focus in 120fps). Note that some cases will be separated by the terminology used by the game.

The reported frame rate metrics always list the highest possible value, then describe how stable and how prone to slowdown valleys it is. In order from best to worst, the notes are (60fps game example):

[??]

Frame rate may have one of three extra notes:
db vsync - double buffer vsync means unstable frame rate doesn't vary smoothly, but snaps directly between 15fps/20fps/30fps/60fps.
judder - a game maintains a stable average frame rate, but updates the screen with bad framepacing. This makes it feel unstable. ("Judder" technically applies to any non-synced update, but I only use it for this specific case.)
tearing - when frame rate doesn't match display rate, partial frames are shown. This manifests as a horizontal "cut" through each frame.

Q: What information is shown in each game's record?
The picture below breaks down the main features seen in each game record. Not all games will have all this info present.

''Image?''

Q: How can i search for specific game in the lists?
Games are listed in alphabetical order, by title. You can also use your browser's "search in page" function to find specific games. I use the full official names: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege versus Rainbow Six Siege, etc.

Q: Which games support Tempest 3D AudioTech?
Every PS5 game will support 3D Audio. Tempest 3D AudioTech is PS5’s custom engine for 3D Audio. It will provide high-quality audio and allow games to offer a much deeper sense of immersion via the custom 3D Audio implementation with a PS5-compatible headset, players can also experience 3D Audio on PS5 with a PS5-compatible headset that you may already own, either through the console’s USB connection, or by plugging an analog headset into the DualSense wireless controller’s 3.5mm headset jack.

Q: Which games support Ray Tracing?

Games that support it will have "Ray Tracing" to the right of the mode that supports it. You can also find every game that support Ray Tracing in Table 1 in Statistics section. Ray Tracing in graphics simulates the way light interacts with objects and surfaces, with a goal of generating more in-game visual detail. PS5 game developers can take advantage of ray tracing to make the effects of water, glass, light refraction, shadows, and surfaces look more realistic.

Q: Which games support 120fps?

Games will appear with "120fps" in the list. You can also find every game that support 120fps in Table 2 in Statistics section. Note: You need a 120Hz compatible display to use this feature.

Q: Will this thread include loading times information?
No
, but you can expect very fast loading times when playing PS5 games. Note: You can't play PS5 games on an external drive.

Q: Will this thread include PS.VR information?

No, for now at least PS5 will only run VR games from BC, so that is not the main goal of this thread, but you can find more in the Liabe's thread.

Q: Where can i find more PS5 related information?

PlayStation released The Ultimate FAQ for PS5. If you have any additional question just post in the thread and I'll attempt to answer.

DualSense (DS): support for haptic feedback technology and adaptive triggers, you can find more here.
HDR: support for High Dynamic Range, you need a HDR compatible display to use this feature, you can find more here.

dWmUWdb.png

Games listed with HDR support: 31

Games listed with Ray Tracing support: 15
Games listed with DualSense specific support: 35
Games listed with 120fps support: 6

Total number of listed games: 51

D615EHG.png

New announcement coming soon.

G1TTLZ9.png

Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Xut8yLS.png

Astro's Playroom

GahTI7j.png

Balan Wonderworld

MzZ3OId.png

Borderlands 3

3ETNiA9.png

Bugsnax

pnMtdCM.png

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War

hIKaG8Q.png

CHORVS

VxDWhAB.png

Dead by Daylight

9IPt8Kf.png

Deathloop

xYengrD.png

Demon's Souls

iicMTm1.png

Destiny 2 Beyond Light

DKypbJA.png

Destruction AllStars

EjMG82k.png

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

Ya0Pg8k.png

DiRT 5

4Mru5K7.png

Far Cry 6

1MzV7ez.png

FIFA 21

AydOsQ1.png

For Honor

kDCiGC2.png

Fortnite

T2Cy1f7.png

Goodbye Volcano High

sDw01Dh.png

Godfall

KNtrho1.png

Gran Turismo 7

mYul5Yc.png

Immortals Fenyx Rising

aAMEl5P.png

JETT The Far Shore

VtJdDNe.png

Kena Bridge of Spirits

E1eKufd.png

Madden NFL21

JGdSqeA.png

Maneater

jREEI1y.png

Marvel's Avengers

GMO5fs3.png

Marvel's Spider Man Remastered

h0bP3nu.png

Marvel's Spider Man Miles Morales

IHkWWZ3.png

Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom

TMHGh5B.png

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate

sXzRzYc.png

NBA 2K21

dESNsCf.png

Observer System Redux

ujRA2rd.png

No Man's Sky

laHRPgB.png

Overcooked All You Can Eat

VrC1rJt.png

Poke Club

0WQG4aR.png

Praey of the Gods

zaK6Cd1.png

Quantum Error

kK0PMGw.png

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

L2hChLY.png

Returnal

kYKyXzD.png

Riders Republic

qDzouRl.png

Sackboy A Big Adventure

NqOfL0r.png

Scarlet Nexus

Z9zusSD.png

Spirit of the North

z0X1tI6.png

The Pathless

9LlNdx7.png

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

CnJf9IK.png

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

xFUOSEi.png

War Thunder

8jWYPBu.png

Warhammer: Chaosbane - Slayer Edition

AOZzSlt.png

Watch Dogs Legion

FWhSCQE.png

WRC 9

xEyGLhe.png

Last edited:
Associate
Nice post, it will be really useful when they reveal the backwards compatibility info, and if any games are getting enhanced, so seeing a list like this will help

Soldato
I really appreciate the effort put in to this, some ambitious figures for playstation here. Really hope it hits the targets :)

Caporegime
I think where you've got "Quality, Performance, Ultra Performance" as the different modes, it would be better to use the game's terminology. So in DiRT 5, for example, Image Quality, Frame Rate, 120Hz mode. Otherwise, great post.

Associate
OP
I think where you've got "Quality, Performance, Ultra Performance" as the different modes, it would be better to use the game's terminology. So in DiRT 5, for example, Image Quality, Frame Rate, 120Hz mode. Otherwise, great post.
Thanks. I used those terminologies because i think it is easy to understand, also, we don't know yet the terminolgy of all games, but i will probably update the thread with the correct terminology in the coming weeks.

Associate
This is solid, so good to see proper 60fps support finally incoming

For Borderlands 3 I can't see any published info on the frame rate on splitscreen ... lots of talk about single player or online (4k60 for PS5 + XSX)
and XSS is mentioned as running at 60 fps but at a lower resolution by some journos (Unconfirmed by Devs)
nothing about splitscreen frame rate though

would love to be wrong

Associate
OP
This is solid, so good to see proper 60fps support finally incoming

For Borderlands 3 I can't see any published info on the frame rate on splitscreen ... lots of talk about single player or online (4k60 for PS5 + XSX)
and XSS is mentioned as running at 60 fps but at a lower resolution by some journos (Unconfirmed by Devs)
nothing about splitscreen frame rate though

would love to be wrong
Thanks for your support and feeback. I have updated Borderlands 3 (Splitcreen Mode) with "???", as we still dont have enough information. Made changes in other games too.

Back
Top Bottom