LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
They're selling the one I use for £52.99. it's under £20 on Amazon :p

I understand, but when you spend over £1000 for a TV then you buy a cheap £20 -£30 wall mount for it?, Anyway its his choice in the end;) its the same when people who buy a 3080 card and on use it for a 1080p gaming for example, if you’ve got an RTX 2080/3080 card and DLSS turned on while connected to a 1080p Full HD monitor you won’t notice a difference. And DLSS improves performance though from rtx in titles that support it, that's the only reason rtx is worth it. Otherwise you're better off with a 1080 Ti, if u can find one but DLSS lowers texture resolution, then upscales it in order to solve some of the performance drops with DXR

There's no logical reason to use a 2080/3080 for 1080p when it's made for 4K or multiple 1440p monitors.

Last edited:
Associate
It's the same product; paying 3 times the price doesn't make it perform any differently. You screw it to the wall and attach the TV to it.

I know, but look at the TV wall mount its got rivets to cut the cost down but some wall mount don't have rivets only bots and screws but again it's the price some people willing not part with as I said it there choice:)

Last edited:
Soldato
I understand, but when you spend over £1000 for a TV then you buy a cheap £20 -£30 wall mount for it?, Anyway its his choice in the end;) its the same when people who buy a 3080 card and on use it for a 1080p gaming for example, if you’ve got an RTX 2080/3080 card and DLSS turned on while connected to a 1080p Full HD monitor you won’t notice a difference. And DLSS improves performance though from rtx in titles that support it, that's the only reason rtx is worth it. Otherwise you're better off with a 1080 Ti, if u can find one but DLSS lowers texture resolution, then upscales it in order to solve some of the performance drops with DXR

There's no logical reason to use a 2080/3080 for 1080p when it's made for 4K or multiple 1440p monitors.

It's a piece of metal very easy and cheap to manufacture. The "£1000 TV on a £30 bracket" thing, just sold it to you that you need expensive. Salesmans dream.

You can have a £1000 bracket but install it with the wrong fixings and is the no1 cause of TV's falling from walls.

Associate
It's a piece of metal very easy and cheap to manufacture. The "£1000 TV on a £30 bracket" thing, just sold it to you that you need expensive. Salesmans dream.
You can have a £1000 bracket but install it with the wrong fixings and is the no1 cause of TV's falling from walls.

it's there choice to make quality vs cheap Brand name or Chinese copies from brand name products again it's there choice in the end and if people don't know how to install a TV wall mount why risk it pay someone to fit just common sense:D

Soldato
Absolutely nothing wrong with a £30 wall mount. While I'm sure there are very rare occurrences of it, I've never seen or heard of one failing for any reason other than the user didn't know what they were doing, used zero common sense and didn't drill correctly, took short cuts or thought a plasterboard wall could hold a 30kg TV. It's invariably always the human.

Associate
My wall mount is £11.95. And it now has a 25% discount to apply.
If your TV is just gonna sit firmly in the same place, its not about the stand but about the fixings you use and what you screw it into.
As long as the stand is a sturdy metal - there's not much more you need.

Man of Honour

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Lovely its 32inch, Mini LED. Am all for competition regardless of tech and brand but yeah price has to be good, will be interesting to see how the blacks compare to the mighty OLED and viewing angles. For pure gaming though that is a beast and its guaranteed at least several Ocuk members will have it pre-ordered.

Man of Honour
Lovely its 32inch, Mini LED. Am all for competition regardless of tech and brand but yeah price has to be good, will be interesting to see how the blacks compare to the mighty OLED and viewing angles. For pure gaming though that is a beast and its guaranteed at least several Ocuk members will have it pre-ordered.
Haha yeah for sure. I’m looking at you @Vega ;)

Associate

You can't compare a LED to OLED when OLED have ink blacks and the highest number of dimming zones you’ll get on a high end LED TV/monitor with FALD is about 384-600. A long way short of the 8 million completely independently dimmable pixels an OLED has!, The PG32UQX is 4ms GtG when the CX is 1ms also OLED TV provide an Infinite Contrast Ratio compare to a PC Monitor at 1000:1 and therefore also an Infinite Dynamic Range in picture content, but at a lower Peak Brightness.

In future when MicroLED TV hits the market it will have immune to burn-in, and in the long run, less expensive to make than OLED.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don’t think that price is going to translate to a real U.K. or US price. I’d predict £2500 max. Still super expensive for sure, but not $6500 :)

This was announced back in January to cost EUR 3,299, so I expect that to hold and be closer to £3K than £2,500, but we will see I guess.

Soldato
You can't compare a LED to OLED when OLED have ink blacks and the highest number of dimming zones you’ll get on a high end LED TV/monitor with FALD is about 384-600. A long way short of the 8 million completely independently dimmable pixels an OLED has!, The PG32UQX is 4ms GtG when the CX is 1ms also OLED TV provide an Infinite Contrast Ratio compare to a PC Monitor at 1000:1 and therefore also an Infinite Dynamic Range in picture content, but at a lower Peak Brightness.

In future when MicroLED TV hits the market it will have immune to burn-in, and in the long run, less expensive to make than OLED.

Size is a big factor. 48" is just too big for most people in a desktop set-up, and if it's a mixed use monitor that will be used a lot for productivity, web browsing etc. OLED is far from ideal given the burn-in risk, and a glossy screen which isn't ideal in a well lit room during daytime use. I can see the Asus being a very appealing option for those who find the OLED impractical. There's no doubt OLED will crush it when it comes to those blacks though.

Forget Micro-LED, a good decade away probably, at a size, spec and price to compete in this market space anyway.

Back
Top Bottom