Google Pixel 5

Associate
Glad I held out. Reviews seem pretty meh. I think as some have echoed in here, it's a great phone once you factor in the selling price of the free headphones.

With the large price reduction of the 4XL it's a no brainer to get the 4XL over the 5. 4XL is a flagship device.

Soldato
Glad I held out. Reviews seem pretty meh. I think as some have echoed in here, it's a great phone once you factor in the selling price of the free headphones.
With the large price reduction of the 4XL it's a no brainer to get the 4XL over the 5. 4XL is a flagship device.

Coming from a 4XL I disagree. The phone is about an inch smaller with also the same screen size for one.

Soldato
I was tempted by this as an upgrade to my Pixel 3.

BUT typically, I done something silly. I bought an 2016 iPhone SE for the car (so I can use CarPlay), so decided to chuck my sim in and have a play.

For a 4 year old phone, it is wonderful. I've been using it about a month now, oops. Inputting text is just easier, it works where with Android it's all over the place.

I REALLY miss having a back button (physical or soft), but everything else has really impressed me.

So basically, I no longer think I am an Android fanboy :eek:

Soldato
I was tempted by this as an upgrade to my Pixel 3.

BUT typically, I done something silly. I bought an 2016 iPhone SE for the car (so I can use CarPlay), so decided to chuck my sim in and have a play.

For a 4 year old phone, it is wonderful. I've been using it about a month now, oops. Inputting text is just easier, it works where with Android it's all over the place.

I REALLY miss having a back button (physical or soft), but everything else has really impressed me.

So basically, I no longer think I am an Android fanboy :eek:

Dead to me.....

Ha ha it's whatever works. I have iphones x for work. I like apple for certain things.

Associate
anccer Compatible for Google Pixel 5 Case, [Anti-Drop] Slim Thin Matte Hard Case, Full Protective Cover For Google Pixel 5 (Black)

0.30 I had one on pixel4 and worked great

on rainforest

Have that in the basket. :)

I'm looking or waiting for the ones like MNML. Normally appear on eBay for a few quid at some point.

Soldato
So far everything feels snapper. And I can login to paypal / barclays and santander again with a fingerprint and also don't need to remove my mask in shops to unlock :D

I don't think I would recommend to many on a 4 to upgrade as it's minimal but I am a enthusiast I guess.

Soldato
Just had a bried play about with my Pixel 5. I think it feels great in the hand, Good weight to it. I came from a Pixel 2 so it does feel a lot nicer finished off.
Just don't want to fully switch until the screen protector and cases arrive as I'm a bit protective of my gear.

Man of Honour
Can someone who already has their phone just make a quick comment about call volume / clarity. With the built in speaker at the top under the display its my only real concern on the Pixel 5.

I hardly ever use the phone speaker but on full volume I can hear it very well even if I'm in the next room. Rubbish bass, but personally I really don't care about teh sound quality of a mobile phone speakers.

Soldato
Just had a bried play about with my Pixel 5. I think it feels great in the hand, Good weight to it. I came from a Pixel 2 so it does feel a lot nicer finished off.
Just don't want to fully switch until the screen protector and cases arrive as I'm a bit protective of my gear.

Wish me luck. I am going for a run ... No case or screen protector so placed it inside a sock and rammed in down my pants

Ha ha I need it for the running app and music

Soldato
Wish me luck. I am going for a run ... No case or screen protector so placed it inside a sock and rammed in down my pants

Ha ha I need it for the running app and music

Haha good man! Hope it comes back in one piece! Braver man than me!

On a side note, Anyone know the going rate for a good condition Pixel 2?

Back
Top Bottom