• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is anyone else finding it incredibly tiresome have the same negative and cynical comments posted over and over and over? Are there any better communities for tech enthusiasts where these people haven’t yet infiltrated or is it just the case that we have to put up with them or stop taking part?

Soldato
Is anyone else finding it incredibly tiresome have the same negative and cynical comments posted over and over and over? Are there any better communities for tech enthusiasts where these people haven’t yet infiltrated or is it just the case that we have to put up with them or stop taking part?

Welcome to the internet, where anyone can and will have an opinion, regardless of you agreeing with it or not...

I'll check the Apple store when I go look at the Series 6 watch solo bands, and see if I prefer the 2020Se or the standard 12, I'd hardly class myself as an Apple hater so think you're off the mark with that one, maybe being old has made me cynical, probably, but that's also part of life, the internet and everything..

Commissario
Welcome to the internet, where anyone can and will have an opinion, regardless of you agreeing with it or not...
It's the incorrect facts that are frustrating me, specifically the comments slagging off Apple for not including a charger and EarPods and saying that the prices haven't changed when they clearly haven't checked and realised that the phones are cheaper this year.

Soldato
It's the incorrect facts that are frustrating me, specifically the comments slagging off Apple for not including a charger and EarPods and saying that the prices haven't changed when they clearly haven't checked and realised that the phones are cheaper this year.

I'll admit I haven't checked tbh, I'm looking at the 2020SE vs the 12 so haven't done a full comparison on the prices, the cynic in me thinks that Apple would still charge the same if they had the plug and earphones in.

Commissario
I'll admit I haven't checked tbh, I'm looking at the 2020SE vs the 12 so haven't done a full comparison on the prices, the cynic in me thinks that Apple would still charge the same if they had the plug and earphones in.
You could well be right but the point is that the prices have gone down, for whatever reason.

Soldato
It's cool to hate on Apple to make it look like you're not a sheep for going for the small and exclusive android club. "I'm such a free thinker for myself that i don't follow the crowd and get an iPhone... I go for Samsung... y'know, the biggest maker of phones in the world"

I'm not Apple's biggest fan when it comes to their Desktop/Laptop divisions but in the mobile phone space they've never let me down.

Soldato
As we've done in previous years, although far too many now I guess...

What colour are people going for? Part of me likes the blue, then thinks I'll go off it. Black is a safe choice, but I do like the gold.

(12 Pro)

Soldato
Graphite would certainly go better alongside my Space Grey MBP, but my current XS is Space Grey (like the two phones before it).

I used to rather like the gold finish on my 6S+ so I'm really swaying towards it.. :eek:

Soldato
2 things they don't have to make themselves or ship in, save them money, less weight for shipping, saves them money, still charging the customer the same amount.
Do some quick math, you say £5 to the customer, but add all of the backgrounds costs up, so lets not pretend that its all about the environment eh, Apple are a business, a business that has shareholders and CFO's to appease, the whole green thing means people can charge more for less under the guise of it being environmentally good when, in reality that's not their primary driver...

Why are you complaining about a huge global company doing something that’s positive for the environment? Also the whole “green thing” is becoming increasingly important in the world of investing now.

Caporegime
As we've done in previous years, although far too many now I guess...

What colour are people going for? Part of me likes the blue, then thinks I'll go off it. Black is a safe choice, but I do like the gold.

(12 Pro)
I’m looking at the pacific blue or gold myself. I have a gold xs and quite like it but fancy something different, if I do go for the 12 pro.
Hopefully I can get down to an Apple store to have a look at the various colours. But not sure what the deal is with shopping malls and the covid going on.

Soldato
Warmed up to the mini in blue. So I’ll be getting that. Ordered my new case from totallee US today. So should be here in a week or two.

edit. For anyone else interested. They have free shipping with code SHIPSFREE

Associate
Was ready for a 12pro to replace my 6s but struggling to justify it against a non pro 12.
Happy to be educated but a telephoto lens and LiDAR are they really worth the extra £150 (for the 128GB)?
Perhaps someone can explain to me how much those things will improve my user experience - genuine request.

Soldato
OP
Was ready for a 12pro to replace my 6s but struggling to justify it against a non pro 12.
Happy to be educated but a telephoto lens and LiDAR are they really worth the extra £150 (for the 128GB)?
Perhaps someone can explain to me how much those things will improve my user experience - genuine request.

Well you're paying for double the storage, the more premium stainless steel build, 2GB extra RAM, the telephoto lens and LIDAR... it's not "just" LIDAR and the camera.

Soldato
As above...

Camera: I guess the super-wide camera comes down to what you will use. LiDAR was talked about on the presentation. It'll be very useful for measuring and augmented reality, but also assists the cameras in low light situations. In dark scenes, it will allow for more accurate focusing in portrait mode, as well as quicker autofocus. There is also the higher optical zoom that is possible too. This is the main area of change.

Double the base storage.

It's made from stainless steel and not aluminium, so will feel nicer, be heavier and look more premium.

Extra 2GB RAM in there too.

However, the 12 and 12 Pro are identically sized, using the same screen, speakers, battery, A14 chip...

Back
Top Bottom