Need help choosing a monitor for my new 3090

Associate
So I've ordered my 3090 in 12th in queue so soon. Hopefully i shall have the power for 4k gaming.

Atm I have a 120hz 1080p monitor

So I'm looking for a shiny new 4k monitor I'm thinking 120/144hz will be realistic for a 3090

But there seems to be incredibly limited choice on the market atm for them.

Can anyone suggest me a good monitor to buy preferably in the 30 inch range max

Soldato
If your main use is gaming, why not go with a 48" OLED? No monitor really does it justice. You could look at a 38" Ultrawide, but at 4K, there is nothing which stands out, or that doesn't have serious flaws. 27" may suffice if you're sat up close, but you're giving up quite a bit over OLED goodness. There's also the PG35VQ... not 4K, but decent HDR experience (no other monitor will give you that). There are some interesting models coming next year, namely the Asus PG32UQX, but expect that to be the price of two OLEDs. Cheaper high refresh 4K 32" models are also on the horizon for early next year, but they have non-existent HDR.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I've ordered my 3090 in 12th in queue so soon. Hopefully i shall have the power for 4k gaming.

Atm I have a 120hz 1080p monitor

So I'm looking for a shiny new 4k monitor I'm thinking 120/144hz will be realistic for a 3090

But there seems to be incredibly limited choice on the market atm for them.

Can anyone suggest me a good monitor to buy preferably in the 30 inch range max

You could go for the predator X27 144hz monitor a fine monitor! For the 3090!

Soldato
I know it’s been said lots before but it’s such a shame LG don’t offer an even smaller model than the 48
Guessing there wouldn't be much market for it

As they be no use as a full time PC monitor due to burn in problems from static displays and most homes seem to want around a 48" or bigger TV these days

Last edited:
Associate
If you're into gaming then I can't stress just how good an ultrawide monitor is.

Literally game changing.

I would like to try one but then doesn't competitive gaming go out the window? You would need chameleon eyes to react to an enemy coming in from the side.

DXE8lAqXUAA38rh.jpg

The other thing putting me off is pushing the extra pixels, I upgraded from 1080p too early and found myself chasing performance for a while! For this reason I will be sticking to 1440p for as long as possible and prioritising higher frames/smoothness in games.

Do you have an ultrawide I take it?

Soldato
Guessing there wouldn't be much market for it

As they be no use as a full time PC monitor due to burn in problems from static displays and most homes seem to want around a 48" or bigger TV these days

Also to do with how they cut the panels from the mother panel. They can get something like 6 x 65" panels from a mother panel for example but only 2 x 77" + 2 x 48" so they make more 65" for example.

Looks like the TV sweet spot is the 55" LG CX it's cheaper then the 48". I suspect they can't get 4K pixels on a smaller panel with that process.

Soldato
Also to do with how they cut the panels from the mother panel. They can get something like 6 x 65" panels from a mother panel for example but only 2 x 77" + 2 x 48" so they make more 65" for example.

Looks like the TV sweet spot is the 55" LG CX it's cheaper then the 48". I suspect they can't get 4K pixels on a smaller panel with that process.

They just make less of the 48" full stop. It's not even been released in some countries. It's a tougher sell, given most people are unlikely to get a smaller TV unless they literally have no room for 55". It would have to be MUCH cheaper for most to opt for the smaller variant. There's obvious appeal for PC users given our smaller set-ups, but even there 48" is just too big for many.

Back
Top Bottom