** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Soldato
Just read on AorusUK twitter that uk should see stock of the3080 master this week. Everything crossed

Don't keep everything crossed for too long - if they get knotted you only have a finitie window before temporary loss of blood supply can necessitate nasty surgery and possibly require removal!

Associate
Does that mean then at 2000 odd people pre-paid around £650 nearly 4 weeks ago - that's like £1.3 million in pre-orders sitting in the bank....
Yep - decided to wait. Will attempt to get a 3070 but failing that will wait until new year and see what happens with the super versions and also the radeon rivals

Associate
I got from 765 to 700. Strange that you moved only 5 unless 60 other people between 150 and 600 have cancelled.

It stands to reason that people further down the que are cancelling more frequently than those higher up. If you're in the top 150 chances are you'll get it quicker than trying else where, unless you get very lucky or pay over the odds anyway.
I was 121 now I'm 117 for the TUF 3080. I have hopes for early November but we'll see I guess.

Associate
Does that mean then at 2000 odd people pre-paid around £650 nearly 4 weeks ago - that's like £1.3 million in pre-orders sitting in the bank....

And the rest, I asked about my que position 48 hours after release and I was told there's over 1000 for the 3080 TUF alone and that's 4 weeks ago... If interest rates were OK they could be making a fair bit there, but I think they're shocking at the moment and I'm not even sure it works like that for pre order money. I have no idea how it works, e.g is it paid straight to 3rd party vendors as a pre order? I don't know.
Given the scarcity of the card, as a consumer it works for me, so I don't care in all honesty. I didn't enjoy sitting in front of my computer for nearly 3 hours hitting refresh, nearly getting one e.g getting to payment screen and having to start again and repeat... But it got me a fairly decent que number, so I can't complain.
I don't envy anybody past the 400 mark to be honest, this launch sucked.

Soldato
Is Overclockers cancelling the orders of scalpers? I sure hope so

Here's one for you, not sure who needs to be alerted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RTX-3080-confirmed-pre-order/333736365993?hash=item4db43ccfa9:g:YbUAAOSwqphfb0Rl&LH_BO=1

Reselling is not illegal, if this person bought only one card then there is no reason they cannot put it on eBay, immoral yes. And quite annoying for us waiting for the cards to actually game on them.
At 220 in queue, realistically I think it will be early to mid December before I get my card.

Fingers crossed AMD's upcoming cards are close to the 3080 and stock supply isn't an issue.
With how rare the 3080 is anything even remotely close from imd in terms of performance will be sold out in seconds, everyone who didn't get their hands on the rtx is waiting for the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom