• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Why are you complaining about a huge global company doing something that’s positive for the environment? Also the whole “green thing” is becoming increasingly important in the world of investing now.

I didn't say I was complaining, what I was saying is that companies do things to save themselves money, extract more from the customer and do it under the guise of being green.

Soldato
Was ready for a 12pro to replace my 6s but struggling to justify it against a non pro 12.
Happy to be educated but a telephoto lens and LiDAR are they really worth the extra £150 (for the 128GB)?
Perhaps someone can explain to me how much those things will improve my user experience - genuine request.

I'm coming from the 6s as well, 128Gb version but not using anywhere near that so space isn't an issue for me, what I'm looking at is if its worth the extra for my usage over the 2020SE..
I was looking at the 12 mini before the specs landed and, tbh I think its a bit smaller than I want to go, didn't want to go as large as the Plus/Max devices but the flat 12 is a bit bigger than the 6s but not as big as the Plus/max phones..

Pretty sure any of the newer phones will be a huge upgrade from the 6s...

Associate
Have to say, one of the things I’m loving about the new phones: The fact the cases will cover the bottom like on the old 5/5S. Loved those cases.

Associate
Finally time to think about replacing my 128GB 6S, its had 2 batteries replacements, the NFC has stopped working & just had 5G go live in the area

Probably just going to grab the graphite iphone 12 Pro 128GB & a magsafe charger

Will need to speak to Three, to see if I can get swapped to an E-Sim as it would then mean I can finally get rid of my work phone

Do I need to look for anything special in a USB-C charger?

Soldato
I'm confused by that decision too. I can understand the lack of earphones and charger in the box because everyone I know, even my parents, have various spare USB chargers kicking around their house. I never even took the charger, the cable or earphones out of the box for my last 4 or 5 iPhones so they're completely wasted on me.

But that logic goes out of the window somewhat when it comes with a C cable because not many people are going to have spare USB C chargers hanging around. I think they should have at least included a C to A adapter to give more people a chance there. On the plus side, at least Apple's fast charger (now 20w rather than 18w that came with the iPhone 11 Pro) is 'only' £19. It's not exactly cheap but it's better than the £30 or so they wanted for the 18w previously.

It's so disappointing. I really was hoping for USB-A to USB-C so that finally I can just have tidy cables that can charge basically all my things :(.

Associate
iPhones most likely won't get an USB-C port now that they have introduced the magsafe charging on top of the usual wireless charging and they'll drop the cable and the port within the next couple of models imo.

Soldato
iPhones most likely won't get an USB-C port now that they have introduced the magsafe charging on top of the usual wireless charging and they'll drop the cable and the port within the next couple of models imo.

It wouldn't surprise me if they went charger-less, ala the headphone jack. I can't remember the last time I plugged mine in, but I know a lot of people still do, and I think this would be a much bigger deal than removing the headphone jack. I'd be surprised if we see this in the next 2-3 years.

Soldato
Gonna go for a 12 Pro in Pacific Blue. Not sure what case to get though, I'm tempted by the clear case but every clear case I've had in the past has yellowed eventually. Although they've never been the official Apple ones. The silicone ones just seem a bit pointless because then you can't see the phone at all. And then finally I might just go without a case. Any suggestions?

Soldato
Apologies if this isn't allowed here but who would people recommend for phone insurance?

Haven't bothered with this for years as my phone is too old to worry and before that I got it free but thinking I need something now.

Soldato
The issue with going portless is that it breaks all sorts of relatively recent stuff like car play (wired) and would require yet another £70-£100 dongle for your car and appropriate software support to get it to work wirelessly.

Soldato
I quite like the idea of MagSafe, has anyone else done this yet?
Given how random charging can be if the pad doesn't line up with the back of the phone properly charging times can be all over the place, using magnets solves this problem and give you at ability to create other accessories..

Thing is, I use a mag mount in the car, wonder how things like that will work and if you'll find the back of your phone being scratched by random bits of metal you pick up day to day now..

Soldato
I like the idea of it as a car mount, I guess we'll have to see how strong the magnets are. The only concern I have is when for example you put it to charge on your bedstand or whatever. You can't lift it off one handed. Seems like you lose the convenience of just dropping it and picking it up off a wireless pad. First world problem I know but still.

Back
Top Bottom