What cars scream 'chav' to you?

Soldato
Not RRs unless they are pink.

Vauxhalls sadly, more than any other make, especially those with it branded across the side of the car or the rear windscreen in big letters.

Actually most modded cars these days look really chavvy to me, even worse if they have tuning brand names listed down the doors. The F&F films have a lot to answer for even now.

Ooh and white cars, especially big look-at-me SUVs with black wheels. Sooo chavvy :D

Associate
Majority of Vauxhall VXRs.

I associate chavs with their loud, poorly modded 206's and clios etc but if I was to say a newer car then for me it has to be Corsa VXR's with the triangle exhaust in the centre, proper Chav :p

Audi S3, Corsa inc VXR, Polo GTI, Fiesta ST

Yea I almost said all, but it’s mostly the Astra, Corsa, Zafira and Vectra.

Not enjoying the hate towards my car.

Associate
Any crappy old hatchback that's had completely unnecessary and totally pointless crap glued/screwed/bolted on in pathetic attempt to make it look like it's something special or something better than it is.

Associate
Aren't Mercedes, even the lower spec ones quite expensive though? Unless the chavs are proficient in a trade I can't see how they can afford things like that?

I know the origins of CHAV as a term but I don't necessarily associate chavs now with low income. I see it as more poor taste. But maybe my view is tainted from living in the South East of England for too long.

Associate
Unfortunately with the availability of credit to any cretin it's probably any particularly speedy car nowadays, but as already stated a lot of the cheaper hot hatches are definitely fairly chavvy.

Soldato
E90 BMW's, I swear every one I see is caked in stick on tat and in a generally shabby looking state. A bit further up the food chain you have the M140i crew, a car responsible for what must be 99% of the excessive speeding and dangerous driving at least in my area.

Soldato
Currently chav cars for me are old (the 2004 shape) Audi A3s - usually diesel. Ragged everywhere.

Cars that I previously associated with chavdom now seem unchavved. Theres a guy with a 2003 ST220 with a tasteful exhaust burble who isn't a chav and a great looking MK2 golf GTI. Or maybe Chavs have just upped (lowered) the threshold for what it takes to be a chav. Or maybe I'm a chav?!

Back
Top Bottom