4k looks worse than my 1080p one

Associate
I recently got a new 4k tv, a Samsung TU7100 43", and one thing i wanted to do is compare some content so i went on Netflix and played the same program on each tv, one being the HD version and on the 4k the UHD version and found that the 4k tv looks washed out and doesn't show as much details and colour vibrancy as the 1080p.

Any ideas if there is a better setup for my samsung? or have i bought a crap TV

Man of Honour
If you have something you can play a BD on, then you can hire rather than buy a test disc. You'll get about a week's use from it which should give you plenty of time to set up the picture controls and test the results.

Using a disc in your own home is the best way any DIYer can set up their TV. Settings off the internet will work for some stuff such as motion processing and ambient light sensor settings. But there's other stuff such as contrast brightness sharpness colour which all need setting for your own TV in your room under your lighting and with your sources. All of these things affect what will end up being the right settings for you. No one else in the world has your combination of sources and lighting conditions.

Back
Top Bottom