Google Pixel 5

Associate
yeah the 'loud' speaker is better than the normal phone speaker by far - however I don't want to have to use that for every conversation just because the normal one is poor :(

It annoys me, just like you say, the focus on RAM and specs etc, but forgetting what the damn thing is meant to be for - some people still make calls :D
:D:D Well it is a phone after all lol
This guy made a video about the audio and call quality, don't know if you have seen it but he isn't too impressed either.

Associate
Tried a 4K 60fps video this morning quality was terrible compared to the 11 Pro Max. Sent it via WhatsApp and it took a good 2 minutes to process where as on the 11 Pro Max it takes seconds. My brain is already thinking send it back.

Soldato
Tried a 4K 60fps video this morning quality was terrible compared to the 11 Pro Max. Sent it via WhatsApp and it took a good 2 minutes to process where as on the 11 Pro Max it takes seconds. My brain is already thinking send it back.

Well apple have been kings of video for a while now. Your statement does not surprise me. For me it was an upgrade over the 4 as pixels have always had lame video compared to apple.

Pretty sure if you have had a 11 pro max and switch to this you will probably find a few other things that are not as good

Associate
Well apple have been kings of video for a while now. Your statement does not surprise me. For me it was an upgrade over the 4 as pixels have always had lame video compared to apple.

Pretty sure if you have had a 11 pro max and switch to this you will probably find a few other things that are not as good

Yeah I don't think it's the power of the phone with the WhatsApp time it's just apps are not as optimised on Android.

Associate
I was concerned about the call quality but its way better than my pixel 2. Its odd though, I feel like it projects the sound out on calls more than a normal speaker would, feels like evey one can hear it ?

Soldato
Can anyone with a wireless charger test and let me know if get normal speeds. My cheapy one is definitely not up for charging mine

I've got this one - Anker PowerWave Wireless Charger 10W - and it's plugged into this - Anker 18W 3Amp USB Wall Charger (Quick Charge 2.0 Compatible) Powerport+ 1.

Compared to my S10+, it seems to take longer to wirelessly charge, but so far it's hard to tell because the time estimate keeps changing. I put it on at 67% and first it was 1 day, then 2 hours, then 43 mins, and now it's 1h 28 minutes. Obviously I expect it to change but not quite like that. EDIT: Now it says 4 hours :D EDIT: Now it says 35 minutes :D

Soldato
Ha ha mine is just saying 1 day 20 hours and not really charging.

I will play with some different angles. Might be a connection not lining up. I have no idea how these things work.

Associate
So far I have to say I think it feels really slick compared to my Pixel 2 (it should mind being 3+years newer). The display is a joy, the phone is identical in size but has an extra inch screen, battery seems very good, (I hammered it with installs last night for hours and battery dropped like ~25%) and a little added bonus, it now properly roams between my access points in the house.

Associate
Loving mine so far. I'm coming from an Honor 9 and this is my first time with a flagship(ish) phone so it's quite a jump up in quality. Not too bothered about the various small issues the reviews even though some of them seem fair enough, though I probably wouldn't think that if I didn't have the headphone deal lowering the effective price of the phone to ~£450.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yea Dave2D said his main gripe with the phone was the price, he said it should be $100 less. For us with the including headphones the value is fine. I doubt many here would have paid £699 without the headphones.

Soldato
Ha ha mine is just saying 1 day 20 hours and not really charging.

I will play with some different angles. Might be a connection not lining up. I have no idea how these things work.

Right, it's finally finished wireless charging. Took 1h 15 mins to charge from 65% to 100% which isn't amazing but I suppose if the battery life is good then it matters a bit less.

I believe the RF window is in the middle of the phone judging by MKBHD's 'knock test', but not sure.

Back
Top Bottom