*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Man of Honour
Just in case anyone else has the same issue, Oculus have confirmed that my headstrap did NOT ship. I was told that as I ordered as a guest, if I check my order as a ‘guest’ it will not tell you whether only part of an order has shipped. It simply says ‘dispatched’.

Thinking about it, I should have double checked my bank statement, which only charged me for the Oculus.

Associate
Very impressed coming from the Go, glad my prescription lenses fit but irritating you cant use games and apps previously purchased on the Go (both Android)

Seeing my hands for the first time in VR was fantastic (Super Hot) and looking forward to trying out RacketNX.

"Micro Monsters with David Attenborough" which is mastered in 3D 8192x4096 at 60fps is stunning, found in Oculus TV. U need to cache it otherwise its streamed back at 5K according to this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/jaxhgd/quest_2_oculus_tv_content_at_8k_new_cache_feature/

Associate
This thing is going to leave my Rift gathering dust on the shelf. Well impressed.

Spent the afternoon doing the sideload/VD setup. As others have mentioned, using it in a different room and not being restricted is brilliant. Only tried out a few games but no issues so far.

Cable turned up later than expected, so didn't get a chance to try it out in my sim rig. That'll be when I get up tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait

Associate
Is anyone else getting a slight blurriness when you don't look straight ahead? I don't think this is an IPD issue, as im very close to setting 2 anyway. Im just seeing things go slightly blurry as I move my eyeballs to the left or right, maybe about 30-40 degrees off centre.

Im probably noticing it more compared to Quest 1 because of the sharper display.

if I look dead ahead, its perfect.

See my comment from the Owner's Thread

Thats foveated rendering, I don't like it either but it's there on the Rift S too. It would work better if it had eye tracking.

75s3xYF.png

There is also distortion towards the edge of the lense.

Associate
Is anyone else getting a slight blurriness when you don't look straight ahead? I don't think this is an IPD issue, as im very close to setting 2 anyway. Im just seeing things go slightly blurry as I move my eyeballs to the left or right, maybe about 30-40 degrees off centre.

Im probably noticing it more compared to Quest 1 because of the sharper display.

if I look dead ahead, its perfect.

I found that there's definitely a sweet spot, and it's more to do with the vertical than the horizontal. Is your headstrap tight enough? If it's too loose, it'll drop a bit on your face and get out of that sweet zone, but if you tighten all the straps, it'll stay in one place, which doesn't leave much margin for error, but text looks good for me (IPD 63).

Soldato
https://uploadvr.com/facebook-account-quest-paperweight/

I see the gaming press are finally beginning to cover the Facebook account ban issue with Quest2 (It's not like people haven't been warning them this would be an problem due to the way Facebook accounts work).

I really hope this gets some traction and causes Facebook to act as it's unacceptable to be locked out of a device and software that costs hundreds of pounds due to bot derection algorithms going bonkers, or for minor technical breaches of the TOS without any recourse to appeal due to terrible customer service.

daz

daz

Soldato
Got mine yesterday, what an incredible machine. It's my first proper experience of VR and I'm really blow away that a device costing £299 is capable of this.

Associate
Got a bit of a chance to play around with mine a bit more yesterday and I'm SO impressed with it. CV1 is going to get sold on alongside some other bits and bobs. I had a bit of buyer's remorse seeing some visuals from the Reverb G2 but the untethered experience and quality makes it the better option for me.

Soldato
I found that there's definitely a sweet spot, and it's more to do with the vertical than the horizontal. Is your headstrap tight enough? If it's too loose, it'll drop a bit on your face and get out of that sweet zone, but if you tighten all the straps, it'll stay in one place, which doesn't leave much margin for error, but text looks good for me (IPD 63).

Yeah maybe its just the sweet spot then. I think it is my eyes though, they are slightly wonky on my face (one is ever so slightly higher than the other, so when I wear glasses i feel I need to twist them slightly on my face - its another reason I like contacts so much).

But also I was sure my IPD was about 62mm using the ruler in mirror method, but I just tried a couple of online IPD checkers and they're coming out at 58-59, so maybe it is that. I can't tell much difference between the two settings in the device though.

Soldato
https://uploadvr.com/facebook-account-quest-paperweight/

I see the gaming press are finally beginning to cover the Facebook account ban issue with Quest2 (It's not like people haven't been warning them this would be an problem due to the way Facebook accounts work).

I really hope this gets some traction and causes Facebook to act as it's unacceptable to be locked out of a device and software that costs hundreds of pounds due to bot derection algorithms going bonkers, or for minor technical breaches of the TOS without any recourse to appeal due to terrible customer service.

It would be great if they'd drop the Facebook requirement. But does anyone really believe half the stories? The people complaining seem to fall in to a few categories:
  1. Genuine users who were unlucky. There seems to be some reports of these people getting unbanned.
  2. People using fake details. Sure, you shouldn't have to use your real identity. I get why people have an issue with that. But having a genuine, verified, Facebook account is a requirement for using the Quest 2. Don't like it? Buy a G2 or Index.
  3. People who, just a week or two ago, were insisting they would never buy another Oculus device due to the account requirement. They seemingly changed their mind on release day, bought a Quest 2, and were instantly banned. Chances are, most of these people are just making the story up as part of an ongoing campaign to have the Facebook requirement dropped.
There seems to be a lot of "I told you so" and high-fiving from the anti-Facebook brigade over on Reddit. The Quest 2 launch is, reportedly, a disaster. It's almost like they think victory is at hand, and the requirement will be dropped.

Meanwhile, you have the Rec Room devs stating they've seen 2.5x the number of new users that came on board when Quest launched. So evidently the launch isn't a disaster, and a lot of people aren't having any issues.

Is there anyone on this forum who has had issues? I can't think that I've seen any reports here.

Soldato
Very impressed coming from the Go, glad my prescription lenses fit but irritating you cant use games and apps previously purchased on the Go (both Android)

Did you buy your prescription lenses from WinmoVR or elsewhere. Would you recommend them?

I was ok with my original Quest but I'm finding that the
Quest 2 facial interface is really tight on my glasses frame and more annoyingly they're very prone to fogging up when I have the headset on. So I'm thinking i might need to invest in prescription lenses for the quest 2.

Soldato
I've had lenses from both VR Opticians and Widmo VR. I find the VR Optician ones seem to be higher quality, using proper injection molded plastic for the frames, while Widmo use 3D printed. VR Optician lenses also come in a proper branded glasses case with individual bags for the lenses, and lens cleaning cloth and wipes.

However both manufacturers lenses work really well and remove all the hassle of having to wear glasses in the headset - and the fear of scratching the lenses.

Associate
Seems like the Oculus thread has been locked by a mod for review for some reason?

Anyhoo, I kind of predicted the shortage of accessories for this when placing my pre-order back in September and was disappointed that the elite strap with battery is out of stock everywhere. Did anyone on here actually get theirs on release?

I might give the optional face cushions a go when they come into stock also.

Anyone know where to buy the prescription lenses from?

Soldato
So getting my VR legs a bit in rec room, moving with the trigger rather than teleporting. Played some paintball. My god there's a lot of kids, all trying to be edgy without actually swearing. Met another adult in the general play room. I suspect there may have been a few adults in the paintball too, just not bothering to talk, and I have to say I can't blame them. I wouldn't say I've been put off it though, it's harmless stuff that I'm just finding funny. Could see a group being fun though.

Associate
I need to properly get my VR legs...Mostly stuck to "comfortable" content. When I first got my CV1 I went ballsdeep in to Project Cars and about 2 minutes later had to lie down as I felt so nauseated.

Soldato
I need to properly get my VR legs...Mostly stuck to "comfortable" content. When I first got my CV1 I went ballsdeep in to Project Cars and about 2 minutes later had to lie down as I felt so nauseated.

I watched one of the Micro Monster films, and it was moving while I was sat, and I started to feel tiny bits of nausea, but disappeared once the screen stayed still. Been running around rec room and whilst I've got a bit confused on moving around, I've not felt ill which is good.

Back
Top Bottom