What cars scream 'chav' to you?

Soldato
Around here the Audi A3 or BMW E90 seem to be the pick of the crop for all the chavs, you don't see many badly modded Corsa's or Fiestas anymore like they used to all roll around in.

An m5 driver round my way. There is also a guy who comes down the maint road late at night popping and banging. Wish I could fire bomb the damn thing.

Soldato
I think people's definition of a chav has changed. I didn't expect this thread to be full of Mercs and half-decent hot hatches.

I was thinking more along the lines of slammed 4 cylinder E46s with terrible exhausts that you can hear droning down the road from the next town over.

Don
I think people's definition of a chav has changed. I didn't expect this thread to be full of Mercs and half-decent hot hatches.

I was thinking more along the lines of slammed 4 cylinder E46s with terrible exhausts that you can hear droning down the road from the next town over.

I never even knew chavs was associated with cars. Chavs aka council housed and violent, were stereotyped to have no money, living in council's property, loads of kids, smokers and would pick a fight with you if you looked at them. I'm not really sure how it escalated to them owning cars, expensive ones at that! Good old OCUK

Soldato
Pretty chav to run a prestige car you can’t afford on PCP if you ask me?

We are going well off the reservation here in usual OCUK motors stylie. You won't know a person's financial situation or whatever monetary mechanism they have used to buy their BMW, Bentley, Porsche etc. just by looking at their car :confused::rolleyes:

Well case in point, why are most old prestige cars badly looked after with cheap tyres and skimped servicing?

Oh and rich people can scrimp/ignore proper car maintenance too, so not sure we can blame everything on 'Chavs'

Soldato
We are going well off the reservation here in usual OCUK motors stylie. You won't know a person's financial situation or whatever monetary mechanism they have used to buy their BMW, Bentley, Porsche etc. just by looking at their car :confused::rolleyes:

Oh and rich people can scrimp/ignore proper car maintenance too, so not sure we can blame everything on 'Chavs'

Not using the comment to judge cars driving past me, I’m using it as a comment to live my own life buy.
My comment stands, it’s chav to have a posh car you ‘rent’ and nothing in the bank

Associate
VAG diesels with completely gutted exhausts. Sometimes badly implemented 'rat-look'... matte green paint, van wheels etc.

Agree about the older Focus ST with the 5 cylinder. Cherry bomb with pop n bang map.

Vauxhall Insignia/Astra/Corsa VXR. Vauxhall's are very much the car of the lower class brexiter (don't mean to get political) and the fast versions aren't even good.

Soldato
I see a lot of cars round here, mostly Audi and Seat diesels that have obviously had the boost cranked up and remap that emit copious amounts of black smoke every time they pull away. More often than not driven by people that are wearing trakky bottoms and a baseball cap.

Associate
I see a lot of cars round here, mostly Audi and Seat diesels that have obviously had the boost cranked up and remap that emit copious amounts of black smoke every time they pull away. More often than not driven by people that are wearing trakky bottoms and a baseball cap.
Yeah, cheap deisels are pretty common with the younger 'tuner' crowd. i think it'sbecause there's an easy few bhp from a remap. the large ammounts of black, sooty smoke could be just down to a totally gutted exhaust. they sound terrible and cover the car boot is soot.

Back
Top Bottom