• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Add the phone that you want as a favourite in the app, then when the orders go live tomorrow its only a couple to taps :)

Did the same last night ready for tomorrow.

Cheers all

How do I do that?

It has a "get ready" link where I can go through the model selection process but then ends up on an inactive "Add to Bag" button. Do I just leave it there and the button will become live at 1pm tomorrow?

Soldato
Crazy as the full 5g spectrum will be on next years model not this one, only Americans will get the full speed. Also 120Hz screen next year by look of it. I'd wait for the refinement. Its a mediocre upgrade from 11. 10 and 10s users beware!

Having been an Android user for years, I'm keen to try out an iPhone for the first time but no 120Hz was a deal breaker for me.

I'll just keep my Note 9 going for a bit longer until next year.

Associate
How do I do that?

It has a "get ready" link where I can go through the model selection process but then ends up on an inactive "Add to Bag" button. Do I just leave it there and the button will become live at 1pm tomorrow?

Select the phone you want, then tap the heart symbol on the top right hand corner of the screen.

Quit the app, re-open it again and you should see the For You screen, then scroll down and you should see the new phone as a favourite.

Hope this helps.

Soldato
Select the phone you want, then tap the heart symbol on the top right hand corner of the screen.

Quit the app, re-open it again and you should see the For You screen, then scroll down and you should see the new phone as a favourite.

Hope this helps.

Legend, thanks :)

Man of Honour
Only the Pro Max has improved low light over the other 12 models due to its larger main sensor.

12 Pro has better low light performance too due to sensor improvements, and better AF etc because of LIDAR, but the Pro Max has the supposed 87% better performance which is a huge jump

Soldato
12 Pro has better low light performance too due to sensor improvements, and better AF etc because of LIDAR, but the Pro Max has the supposed 87% better performance which is a huge jump

Cheers. 87% sounds amazing but I can't deal with the size of the Pro Max so I'll have to settle for the Pro.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Sorry, I meant the lens. The faster Wide Angle (ƒ/1.6) is on the non pro as well

Yea the wide does have a boost in low light. The main sensor is the same between 12 and 12 pro.

They've changed the stabilisation used, along with the sensor and pixel size for wide angle camera on the max.

I know, I was saying that the non Max isn’t a big step up in low light performance. If he wants better low light the Max is the way forward. Still 87% of not much light still won’t be a huge difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know, I was saying that the non Max isn’t a big step up in low light performance. If he wants better low light the Max is the way forward. Still 87% of not much light still won’t be a huge difference.

Ah apologies. I had just skim read through the thread. Yeah, I think their maths and the impact on what you see in the real world isn't always directly connected, but it should hopefully be a noticeable step up. I personally would have preferred this camera camera on both sizes, as this time I'm going for the smaller of the two.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ah apologies. I had just skim read through the thread. Yeah, I think their maths and the impact on what you see in the real world isn't always directly connected, but it should hopefully be a noticeable step up. I personally would have preferred this camera camera on both sizes, as this time I'm going for the smaller of the two.
I would bet that most of that 87% comes from the fact that the sensor shift allows for a 2s hand held exposure. How that will translate in the real world we shall see. You don’t want a 2s exposure with any moving subjects ie. people.

Soldato
I would bet that most of that 87% comes from the fact that the sensor shift allows for a 2s hand held exposure. How that will translate in the real world we shall see. You don’t want a 2s exposure with any moving subjects ie. people.

Very likely! I can see for a lot of the quicker shots you won't see a difference at all.

Definitely settled for Gold this time round. Unless it's unavailable and graphite is. But not the other two. :p

Back
Top Bottom