Suggestions for the final few parts

Associate
I'm currently building my next rig, I am looking for advice on a couple of points about the system, here is what I have so far:

Please note I already have the ram and cpu (amazon deals just waiting for delivery), I also have a 3tb internal hdd I will be putting in the system and I have a copy of windows.

I'm going to try the included cooler but will replace later on if needed.

I will also be trying to get a 3070 on launch but will have a 1080 to try with the system just to make sure everything works.

Could someone suggest a x570 board for me as I am lost when it comes to motherboards, i will be using a ethernet cable so don't require wifi, I would like pcie 4, I would also prefer it not to be £300 but if it's justifiable and there is a benefit I would stretch to that.

I am open to changing any part other than cpu and ram, I chose the corsair psu as I might overclock down the road and it was roughly the same price as most 750 watt psu's.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Could someone suggest a x570 board for me as I am lost when it comes to motherboards, i will be using a ethernet cable so don't require wifi, I would like pcie 4, I would also prefer it not to be £300 but if it's justifiable and there is a benefit I would stretch to that.
If it's just for gaming the B550 Tomahawk has excellent VRMs and PCIe 4.0 on GPU and first M.2 slot - more than suffice for average user - and they were built around the Zen 3, plus no fan.

MSI are offering cash back, too - so an extra £45 saving - link

And the 750W RM is £99 at OcUK:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Associate
OP
If it's just for gaming the B550 Tomahawk has excellent VRMs and PCIe 4.0 on GPU and first M.2 slot - more than suffice for average user - and they were built around the Zen 3, plus no fan.

MSI are offering cash back, too - so an extra £45 saving - link

And the 750W RM is £99 at OcUK:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
With the cashback from Msi I think I will go for their x570 tomahawk as with the cashback it brings it nearly the same price as the b550.

Soldato
With the cashback from Msi I think I will go for their x570 tomahawk as with the cashback it brings it nearly the same price as the b550.
That's a decent x570, well designed, if you feel you need the features - good value too with cashback.

Do you need the full tower?

Soldato
I'm having issues finding the ram compatibility list would you know where I could find it by any chance?
Crucial Ballistix is what I would have recommended - it's quality E Die. Not an issue. Although, if you have the funds (2x 16GB), tight timings, at ~£140 is worth considering as your saving on the MB.

EDIT:

I've put a photo it isn't a link.
And i would remove all mention of competitors - your post will be removed or heavily edited.

List the parts - and only the prices, no names.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've already got the cpu unfortunately.
If it's within the return period (not opened) it may pay you to return the 3800X and purchase together with MB to benefit from cashback (that was a good price for the 3800X - usually I would recommend getting the 3700X).

Also, ideally you would buy your parts at the same time/or very close together so you can test them and make use of the easy 28 day return policy - to cover the dreaded DOA.

I've edited the original post too
The mods will have zero issues now.

Back
Top Bottom