** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Soldato
The gtx 980ti im using is only 1.2 so I cant go above 95hz either

I set the monitor to DisplayPort 1.4 from 1.4(DSC) in the monitors OSD and am now getting 4K 120hz. The performance test reckons I'm getting 68fps.

Found out the RX580 supports DP 1.4 that's why I'm getting 120hz.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I set mine to 2560x1440 @ 120hz just to test the frame rates in Battlefield 4. So joined a 64 player server and was deployed miles from the action and the in game performance test said my FPS was 160.

Switched back to 4K @ 120hz and got 85 FPS in the same position. So for the time being I’ll run at 1440p until I have a better graphics card but it’s good this monitor is so versatile.

Soldato
My BF4 frame rates took a major hit when I ramped the graphics settings up to 2560x1440 medium settings. If you leave it in auto it runs at low quality hence my previously good frame rates. Anyway getting about 80fps now at 2560x1440 which will tide me over until I can afford a 3080.

Associate
I think this monitor is going to be next on my list....with a 3090 on the way (sometime) I need a monitor to take advantage of it.

Good to hear everyone seems really happy with it

Associate
Yeah I'm loving mine, I've got used to the smaller size vs my old 30" monitor so it doesn't feel so small anymore.
I'll be moving up from a 24". I was on a 27 previously then ended up donating it to my daughter and went onto my old work 24 inch, I wanted a 32" but looking at my set up now, 27" will be perfect again

Yeah m8 its a nice bit of kit tbf

Ambient backlighting needs a update tho as its a bit of a let down (compared to corsair ls100) but other than that its sweet

Is there a VESA mount on the back? is the lighting affected if you were to wall mount it? Haven't decided if I'm going to or not yet

Associate
I'll be moving up from a 24". I was on a 27 previously then ended up donating it to my daughter and went onto my old work 24 inch, I wanted a 32" but looking at my set up now, 27" will be perfect again

Is there a VESA mount on the back? is the lighting affected if you were to wall mount it? Haven't decided if I'm going to or not yet
There is a vesa mount and I don't think the lighting would be affected

Rup

Rup

Associate
My 2p. Went with 1440p, 165 hz, 32", for about half the price. If it had been 32" with hdmi 2.1 would have gone 4 this.
Maybe the GN1050 then :)

Associate
I've got an area in bottom right corner which I think is light bleed but not sure. This is not IPS glow but in bright scenes there are like 2 or 3 vertical spots which are brighter than others - I don't see this on dark or grey screens only bright colours. Is this light bleed? as I thought light bleed only showed up on dark screens.

I've run the Eizo monitor test and cant see anything on black or grey, but red shows it the most, then green, then blue.......

Associate
I've got an area in bottom right corner which I think is light bleed but not sure. This is not IPS glow but in bright scenes there are like 2 or 3 vertical spots which are brighter than others - I don't see this on dark or grey screens only bright colours. Is this light bleed? as I thought light bleed only showed up on dark screens.

I've run the Eizo monitor test and cant see anything on black or grey, but red shows it the most, then green, then blue.......

Iv got no light bleeding/ips glow whole screen is running perfect (I was expecting a little light bleeding tbf) sound could it be a back light issue maybe? Either way I'd probably get it RMA'd

Associate
Yeah im thinking RMA - but my RTX3080 turned up yesterday and OC's wont do advanced RMA so i'd be without a monitor until next batch of pre-order stock comes in.... :(

Soldato
Yeah im thinking RMA - but my RTX3080 turned up yesterday and OC's wont do advanced RMA so i'd be without a monitor until next batch of pre-order stock comes in.... :(

I'd just keep it if I was you, I know when you spend this sort of money you're looking for every imperfection but I don't think the issue is worthy of an RMA.

Associate
I'd just keep it if I was you, I know when you spend this sort of money you're looking for every imperfection but I don't think the issue is worthy of an RMA.
Mine arrived on Sept 2 (from a well know Spicey competitor) with a small scratch, more like a 1mm chip, in the screen. I returned it (they picked it uo) and im still awaiting a replacement, some 7 weeks later.

Soldato
Mine arrived on Sept 2 (from a well know Spicey competitor) with a small scratch, more like a 1mm chip, in the screen. I returned it (they picked it uo) and im still awaiting a replacement, some 7 weeks later.

Unlucky, I've not noticed anything wrong with mine as far as my eyes can see.

Back
Top Bottom