Classic ebay

Man of Honour
Selling some PC hardware that’s been sat in the cupboard for ages. Figured I’d stick it all on eBay as a bundle.

Get some offers, final offer from a guy with good feedback, pays immediately. I ship Royal Mail special delivery - they can’t seem to deliver it, but the buyer doesn’t seem interested in collecting it from them or arranging redelivery and doesn’t seem interested in responding to me messages either.

At this point I figure they’ve changed their mind, but then why pay so quickly? I was going to arrange redelivery for them, but figure at this point I’ll just wait for RM to send it back. Hopefully ebay will return the fees too if I setup a dispute. This is why I didn’t bother selling any of it in the first place.

Caporegime
Yes, I do, partly why I went special delivery. I’m just confused at the lack of communication or collecting it on a weekend.

Well I just sold over £1200 worth of stuff on there last weekend.

Every single one went smoothly. Only got 4 positive feedback though out of the 12 things I sold. People don't leave feedback anymore unless it's negative.

I even sold a watch for over £400 and pair of headphones for over £200 as well as a phone for over £200.

It's much better than gumtree or anywhere else tbh.

Associate
The parcel will automatically come back to you if not claimed within 2 weeks IIRC. Wait for it to appear, and just wait until they contact you. If you've selected "returns not accepted" then they can pay for a redelivery or you can "in good faith" give a partial refund. Not sure how Paypal/ebay will see that, but offering some money back is legit good faith. Not your fault they're rubbish :)

But equally, they could have some major family problem going on.

Man of Honour
OP
Well I’ve finally had a reply asking to redelivery either to work address (the one given on PayPal) or home address (not doing that as it’s not the PayPal address). I asked which day he would prefer, but given the speed of communication and how few days left that they’ll keep it for I might just pick a day!

Edit: we’ve arranged a redelivery, let’s see. At least I’ve finally had communication (and a reply to say any day).

Man of Honour
OP
Surprise surprise they missed delivery again. I'll just wait for it to come back to me and will issue a refund once they raise a request. So I'll be out of pocket for the shipping which is annoying. I'll try and sell it once more before it goes in the bin.

Soldato
Why are you worrying about this when you've done everything you need to do? It's his problem if he hasn't collected his delivery not yours

Caporegime
Well I just sold over £1200 worth of stuff on there last weekend.

Every single one went smoothly. Only got 4 positive feedback though out of the 12 things I sold. People don't leave feedback anymore unless it's negative.

I even sold a watch for over £400 and pair of headphones for over £200 as well as a phone for over £200.

It's much better than gumtree or anywhere else tbh.

This.

Barely get feedback anymore. But it's by far best place to sell

Soldato
You do get some nutters on ebay. I sold some wheels recently and the guy arranged a collection time, but turned up 4 hours early. He also spoke entirely in unintelligible mumbles.

Soldato
Surprise surprise they missed delivery again. I'll just wait for it to come back to me and will issue a refund once they raise a request. So I'll be out of pocket for the shipping which is annoying. I'll try and sell it once more before it goes in the bin.

You won't. If they raise a request just simply provide the tracking and say a delivery attempt was made. EBay will side with you and the buyer will not get a refund or be able to leave you feedback. They can either then go and collect the item from the dispatch office, if they don't then after 3 weeks it will be returned to you.

Back
Top Bottom