• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I was thinking of getting the Razor Turret, has anyone used one? It'd be nice to go wireless with K&M rather than USB. Also been reading reviews for the Turtle Beach 700 and new rev Steel Series 7x as a headset and a Couchmaster for the sofa. Any opinions on these?

Associate
Hello all, shows how out of touch I am on consoles as hadn’t realised K&M was a thing now! So.....if I was to get an Xbox series (and assume same on PS5) I could get a wireless K&M to connect and effectively it’s a cheap PC for living room, with more expensive games! Do they play fine on K&M? Fancy the idea of a new console for living room for oled hdr goodness but never a fan of pads for some thing

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Hello all, shows how out of touch I am on consoles as hadn’t realised K&M was a thing now! So.....if I was to get an Xbox series (and assume same on PS5) I could get a wireless K&M to connect and effectively it’s a cheap PC for living room, with more expensive games! Do they play fine on K&M? Fancy the idea of a new console for living room for oled hdr goodness but never a fan of pads for some thing

WRT keyboards/mice. The games have to specifically allow the use of them before they'll work. It isn't a panacea for all games. I do expect more to support it though in this new generation

Soldato

The razor Turret was made specifically for the xbox, that works and is wireless.

Soldato
Yes, it's not cheap, although an RGB mech is £100-150 from some of the main peripheral makers and its £50ish for a boy racer mouse so it's not hideously overpriced in comparison, it being an all in one compatible wireless solution would make it worth it to some. I use USB at the moment which is fine but I like the idea of it and hope there's a new version around the corner to coincide with the x release.

It does seem like a ton of cash when you can get an S for the same price but then Microsoft are losing money on those.

Caporegime
https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/15/21515790/xbox-series-x-preview-hardware-games-performance
A "Preview" of the hardware/software. Maybe some sort of embargo has been lifted today so other sites might also publish something similar. I'm sure most of what's in the article is new info.

All sounds great so far, quiet, cool, fast. Although I reserve judgement until reviewers/sites are allowed to talk to us about actual XSX games they have tried, which will tax the system much more than last gen games.

rp2000

Associate
I think people are undersitamting how demanding 4k 30fps is nevermind 4k 60fps.

The new 3080 still cant run control game at 4k 60fps for instance.

Its so so demanding that the only way Xbox can run 4k 60 is with DLSS i think its called. That tech but thats used more on nvidia. NO idea if it is on the BIG NAVI AMD gpu that these consoles have?

Well, sure if you're talking Ultra High settings. I know people who have managed to get 4k60 with a 2080ti after fiddling with the high cost/low visual impact settings a bit. And given the general power equivalence the Series X has with a 2080ti, I think it's reasonable to assume it's possible to achieve 4k60 with at least console level medium settings.

Whether Rockstar can be arsed to put the effort in to make this happen remains to be seen however!

Back
Top Bottom