Google Pixel 5

Soldato
I charged my phone when I received it yesterday, Installed everything, Setup all my apps, Downloaded all my pohotos and videos and left it off charge last night. Still have 75% left so should do me the full day.

Associate
I actually found my P2 to be good on battery (ignoring recent Tunein radio fiasco), I think it actually got better over time with the greater controls on restricting background activity etc.

Soldato
My Pixel 3 battery life was average when new and just got dire 18 months in. I can see the pixel 5 battery holding up just fine with the mid tier SoC and largish battery.

You guys that nabbed this with the headphones got a solid purchase. Miss my Pixel cam.

Soldato
For potential purchasers holding off because of headphone stock, I read on hotukdeals that Google’s terms and conditions specify that in the event of a stock shortage, they’ll replace the headphones with a product of equal or greater value.

I haven’t confirmed this by reading those terms and conditions myself, but for anyone interested it’ll be worth digging into.

Associate
Just got mine.

Feels quite small compared to my old phone, typing with a smaller keyboard will have to resharpen my thumb accuracy but sure I'll get used to it.

I'm fully embracing the permission to listen to me 100% lol :D
Quite like the now playing feature on the phones lock screen that's sort of like shazam but real time

Associate
guys just did my claim but what did you use as 'proof of purchase' ? i do not recall receiving anything with the imei on ?

I took 2 screenshots from my carphone warehouse email. One showing the order confirmed and the other lower down showing my address and price and its already been accepted. No imei on either screenshot.

Associate
TLDR: The phone is fine.

Just received it and it feels like a quality little phone. The screen is deceptive maybe being only marginally thinner than my pixel 2xl.

Other people described it as feeling light but I think it's fine. In the past i've not liked the lightness of Samsung phones and for me I didn't get that same cheap plastic feeling.

Screen is fine... slightly thinner in width than the 2xl. Quality wise, it's not a night and day difference that several people were trying to make it out as being... Maybe they all had dodgy screens.

Speaker quality is fine but it really lacks depth. It's the equivalent to playing music on a cheap tweeter type speaker that has no bass. On it's own you might think it's fine but playing it next to something else you realise how rich a speaker with more range sounds.

Overall I think it's a perfect adequate phone for someone needing a new phone. Is it an upgrade over my 2xl..... not really. Yeah some things are marginally better but not upgrade worthy in my opinion, particularly due to the compromise on sound quality and device size. I want a big phone, it's great that they've squeezed a decent sized screen into the small enclosure but i'd like that done on an xl sized device.

I plan on returning the phone.

Associate
Ordered on the 4th, so have to wait until the 18th to claim I believe.

I forgot how nice the haptics are when receiving a notification. The s10e feels terrible in comparison.

Battery is quite something. Just got home from work and with emails, sat nav, calls, Bluetooth connected all day and playing podcasts I'm on 82 percent still. Very impressive. I feel I could risk to last until tomorrow before charging, if only I had the balls to do it maybe I would try.

Associate
Only downside of grabbing a new phone on Day one is the lack of cases and screen protectors!

Screen protectors - Have a set of Atfolix Film screen protectors on the way but that wont be until middle of next week at the earliest. (Ringke Dual Easy Film aren't out yet.)
Case - Simple gel cases are all out of stock or on slow delivery - (These will do me until we see the likes of MNML or Peel available for the 5.)

Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom