• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
I was 18 and got all ready for my new card arriving tomorrow, put the air cooler back on my 1080ti ready to sell. Dusted and cleaned everything. I was convinced I would get it but alas! now im number 12

so you’ve only moved by 6? Apparently OCUK seem to use some form of maths beyond the wit of man ( person ? ).

Associate
Exactly we have no way to interpret this, how on Earth can we make sane judgements on random words which can mean different to so many people and businesses, a small amount to my little family business would be 1-5, a small amount to a multi million pound business is it still 1-5, is it 5-10, 10-15, or even 25 no ******* idea!!

Read the first post in this thread. It's defined there.

Associate
LMAO ! On a different and unrelated forum someone is moaning about the new Xbox which launches soon. Preorders are already sold out and there is no news at all about when future stock might arrive. Deja Vu?

Associate
I'm over 1,000 in queue so definitely think it might be next year on the 3080 gaming trio X based on only 6 cards in this week. What is a realistic "TOP END" volume of cards OCUK could recieve in stock weekly when production ramps up.... 250+ or is that wishful thinking?. Be nice to know on previous card launches if they've ever had to get so much stock levels in or ever had to.

Associate
LOL you lot.

The further back in the queue you are the more people ahead of you can cancel in the same period of time. Hypothetically person A at position 10 and person B is position 20, and 5 cards ship, but the week person in position 15 cancels then person A moves up 5 positions and person B moves up 6 positions.

Some people will have pre-ordered from multiple sources with the intention of cancelling all the slowest ones after the quickest one has shipped, in which case even people near the front of the queue may cancel from time to time.

LMAO ! On a different and unrelated forum someone is moaning about the new Xbox which launches soon. Preorders are already sold out and there is no news at all about when future stock might arrive. Deja Vu?

Same for the PS5. And they all use TSMC 7nm chips which makes me wonder if AMD aren't also going to have the same kind of supply issue at the big Navi launch.

Associate

its almost as if nobody has any thing else to do. You’d think there were no pubs, no restaurants, and everyone was stuck at home........oh, right.

Back
Top Bottom