IT Career progress

Soldato
These courses are mostly waste of time and money. All they teach you is how to pass the exam and it's a long road.

Go through the civil service or military route. Get a post with high level security clearance and spend some years working for the MOD, Home Office, etc. They have jobs all over the world too. Then you can walk in to the top paying contracting jobs if you want to. People with these agencies (plus experience) on their CV are pretty much made.

You don't need many qualifications to get in the door and they will pay for courses you want/need.

Last edited:
Associate
Dunno what to recommend here. Personally I would feel too bored to work both in an IT and sales. To me it looks like I would be trying to sit on two chairs, so different qualifications are needed. IT job fits more for people-to-machines type of personality and sales is clear people-to-people. As an introvert I know that no courses would ever compensate me that. So back then I changed my mind in favour of searching a new job in Europe https://uk.jooble.org/jobs-with-accommodation-in-europe/Abroad as luckily brits didn't have to have any work permit for that. So I found the job in a big company in Spain That made me really happy that I didn't have to betray my inspirations, so to speak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom