• iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Regular 12 pro is fine with me, dont really want a Max phone if they are as wide as they currently are. I've been using the 7 plus for a few years now and its just too wide to hold which does annoy me when it comes to 1 handed usage.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Soldato
I just double checked this, both use the same lens for ultra/wide.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-12/specs/
  • Ultra Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view
  • Wide: ƒ/1.6 aperture

https://www.apple.com/iphone-12-pro/specs/

Taking this info into account, would the LiDAR sensor provide a tangible benefit on the Pro?

EDIT: Looks like it probably will make a difference - https://thenextweb.com/plugged/2020...idar-sensor-and-whys-it-on-the-iphone-12-pro/

Soldato
I just double checked this, both use the same lens for ultra/wide.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-12/specs/
  • 4k30 Dolby Vision video recording
https://www.apple.com/iphone-12-pro/specs/
  • Telephoto: ƒ/2.0 aperture 2x Optical zoom
  • ProRAW format support
  • LIDAR supported focus
  • Night mode portrait
  • 4k60 Dolby Vision video recording
Pro Max
  • Wide: ƒ/1.6 aperture + Sensor-shift optical image stabilization + 1.7-micron pixels for better lowlight
  • Telephoto: ƒ/2.2 aperture + 2.5x Optical zoom
  • ProRAW format support
  • LIDAR supported focus
  • Night mode portrait
  • 4k60 Dolby Vision video recording

Just for my own sanity I filled out a bit more. Probably missed something anyway (just camera related things)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Does anyone know if the pro's support 4K @ 120/240fps slo mo??? I heard in loads of different rumours that it was coming, but I just saw on the site that its still 1080p slo mo which is very disappointing.

Soldato
OP
Don't know why it's only just dawned on me... but

Why do only the US phones have the mm 5G antenna? I appreciate we don't have mm wave here yet but isn't this just the kind of sneaky move that Samsung pull with the exynos chips, charging the same price for an inferior product?

Can't our phones just have the antenna but disabled?

Soldato
Those getting a Pro, what colour are you going for?

The graphite and silver look a bit boring to me this time round. I'm probably going to go blue but that gold looks very nice but probably a bit too blingy.

Then again I'll probably hide it all in a case anyway so...

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

The graphite and silver look a bit boring to me this time round. I'm probably going to go blue but that gold looks very nice but probably a bit too blingy.

Blue because its something different, I've ha a black phone for past few years so that'll get boring and gold is tacky.

Soldato

Blue

Caporegime
Probably a blue pro if I do decide to get one. My XS is gold and quite liked it but fancy a different colour.
But surprised that last yrs green colour isn’t available on the 12 series this year.

Associate
Still not managed to actually look into the 12 line properly as I dont plan to upgrade my 11 Pro.

But the size and weight of the 12 mini is screaming at me.
11 Pro size wise is my absolute max, and the weight has been a big gripe for me.
Just read the 12 mini is 133g, that sounds like heaven lol.

If this size remains in the 2021 Lineup, I will most definitely go for it.

Curious about battery life.

Associate
Don't know why it's only just dawned on me... but

Why do only the US phones have the mm 5G antenna? I appreciate we don't have mm wave here yet but isn't this just the kind of sneaky move that Samsung pull with the exynos chips, charging the same price for an inferior product?

Can't our phones just have the antenna but disabled?
There will be a (qualcomm) licensing cost for the 5Gmm wave modem. Even if it is the same chip inside, Apple probably don't need to pay the license if it is unusable (not wired to an antenna). So my guess is cost savings... that unfortunately don't get passed on.

Soldato
I've fretted for the past two days about this. I never liked the blue but starting to. But the Gold has won me over. Used to really like the finish on my old phone and it's very different.

Soldato
Oh read the thread and change the record.
Every iPhone model has dropped in price this year and the base models come with double the storage.

Not true. The iPhone 12 has gone up by £100 compared to the 11. The 11 was the best selling phone and the 12 is expected to follow suit, so a £100 raise in price will make a significant boost to Apple's bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom