• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Ceased 3080/90 FE on their site?

Soldato
We have heard your feedback regarding the NVIDIA online store and are working to improve the experience.

In the meantime, we will be selling our GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition through other partners. In the US, you can shop for Founders Edition at <removed> - <removed> and <removed> . In Europe, we continue to review Founders Edition fulfillment options.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners.

I think people are reading different things. I see it as likely temporary although may choose to continue to also use 3rd parties in future when they sort out their online store(s). I put a few key things in bold

Associate
OP
hopefully Europe will be ok then,I wonder if its just to allow the 3rd party manufacturers to forfill their backlog or some deeper problem,surely by nvidia ceasing founders it puts more pressure on manufacturers

Soldato
They are probably readying their S versions for AMD's GPU release... Who knows the 76 original 3080's and 14 original 3090's they sold might be worth something one day as rare tech. :D

Soldato
FE was a marketing ploy nothing more than that.
Pretty much. That MLID video from before launch said that they had no intention of selling many FEs because the cooler was way too expensive to manufacture. So it's proven. The 3080 FE cooler is rubbish anyway, so it's no great loss.

Associate
Pretty much. That MLID video from before launch said that they had no intention of selling many FEs because the cooler was way too expensive to manufacture. So it's proven. The 3080 FE cooler is rubbish anyway, so it's no great loss.

The only advantage with the FE is it's the smallest card (though EVGA does have something similar).

Soldato

Really? I thought the cooler was pretty good...

So, a vapourware card, with an expensive cooler that's crap anyway. What a launch.

It all looked so good for Amphere in Jensen's kitchen, since then it has completely crashed and burned.

Man of Honour
Really? I thought the cooler was pretty good...

So, a vapourware card, with an expensive cooler that's crap anyway. What a launch.

It all looked so good for Amphere in Jensen's kitchen, since then it has completely crashed and burned.

To say it crashed and burned is to imply that Ampere's launch has actually taken off.:p:D

Soldato
Exactly.

Nvidia: Look everyone at these great new cards at the low, low price of £649!
Everyone: Neat. Can I have one please?
Nvidia: No

But here's an AIB card for another £150 and we've partnered up with retailers for a nice at launch gouge - and then if you're a good boy we might get your card to you next March. Thanks for your purchase valued customer.

Internet in 2022: "When can we pre-order the 4080"?

Back
Top Bottom