• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA Allegedly Moving Ampere to 7nm TSMC in 2021

Associate
tbh some of you are getting far too excited about this, it's likely going to result in very limited differences in performance because they're still planning on using both fabs and it's the same architecture.
It's like one week your milk might come from Devonshire cows, the next week it might have been Cumbrian cows.

Soldato
tbh some of you are getting far too excited about this, it's likely going to result in very limited differences in performance because they're still planning on using both fabs and it's the same architecture.
It's like one week your milk might come from Devonshire cows, the next week it might have been Cumbrian cows.

But I prefer 7nm cows, ideally with more than 10GB memory.

Associate
Just came to say i won't be buying Nvidia in this decade if at all after this jebaited scenario. They also blocked me on their forum probably because the thread i posted ended up with other users filling in some bits and pieces of info(verified technical info not tinfoil hat rumour) that make it look like Nvidia and their cohorts are up to their neck in corruption and sleazy sale tactics. Take away his leather jacket and what do you have........lol.

Soldato
Just came to say i won't be buying Nvidia in this decade if at all after this jebaited scenario. They also blocked me on their forum probably because the thread i posted ended up with other users filling in some bits and pieces of info(verified technical info not tinfoil hat rumour) that make it look like Nvidia and their cohorts are up to their neck in corruption and sleazy sale tactics. Take away his leather jacket and what do you have........lol.

Yes there are some suspect accounts on this very forum cheerleading. Hard to tell zealots from shills though so who knows. It happens all over to be fair.

Associate
We all know that during the manufacturing process a company will improve on yields and they will also improve on the architectural design and this will mean switching to a better memory I have no doubt of that and a prime example was the 20 series when early adopters all rushed out to buy the 2080 and then a few months in ngreedia release the super with much better memory on, the TSMC will be a similar scenario I’d wager with a fair amount of confidence
I don’t doubt we will see a 3080 and a 3090 and possibly a titan on 7nm TSMC in the new year - they have done it before

Associate
if tsmc and nvidia says nothing tis then fake rumor.
while the samsung 8nm node is broken and no cards to buy soon you can buy amd big navis the better option

Soldato
Nobody does, just funny he went out with that babble then it's been resigned to the bin shortly after :p
The way its meant to be played
:D

I need to start wearing a leather jacket. Up my excuses game.
You have to keep a balance or it will take over your life in public. Keep it 1/3 open at all time. Never were it unzipped. Don't do it man!!!:eek:

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
if tsmc and nvidia says nothing tis then fake rumor.
while the samsung 8nm node is broken and no cards to buy soon you can buy amd big navis the better option

You would not expect them to say anything at this point I would think, rather people buy models out now then reveal now and everyone end up waiting for a refresh. More so given Nvidia likely has a contract in place with Samsung to purchase XYZ amount of wafers for the current gen models so not going to want people to end up sitting on there hands. Only way you would see anything officially said is if AMD outperforms Nvidia by such a margin that a price drop which Nvidia could afford would not stop people migrating to AMD in droves.

Just my two cents

Back
Top Bottom