New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Anybody using one of these in a multiple monitor setup?

I'm thinking of picking one of these up, but I've heard a couple of reports of some issues with this and similar LG based panels such as the 27GL850 whereby if the monitor turns off (or goes to sleep) it will disconnect from the display port causing windows to rearrange all your windows and icons.

Can anybody confirm if this is an issue? If this happens only when you physically power of the display it would be annoying but tolerable, but if it does it every time it goes into power saving mode it would be a dealbreaker.

Associate

I'm thinking of picking one of these up, but I've heard a couple of reports of some issues with this and similar LG based panels such as the 27GL850 whereby if the monitor turns off (or goes to sleep) it will disconnect from the display port causing windows to rearrange all your windows and icons.

Can anybody confirm if this is an issue? If this happens only when you physically power of the display it would be annoying but tolerable, but if it does it every time it goes into power saving mode it would be a dealbreaker.

I've used this monitor along with my old one with both my PC and Mac and never had any issues. For me it was simply plug and play outside of configuring orientation.

Associate

I'm pretty sure that's an issue with Display Port in general as I had that issue with my AOC monitor and looked it up and turns out its something to do with how Windows 10 handling DP. That only happened if I ever switched off my monitor instead of it going to sleep though.

Associate
Well I've pulled the trigger on one of these this morning, Hard to look past this at the price point.
With my luck I'm not expecting to win the panel lottery so I anticipate I'll be testing the returns process - but fingers crossed.

Associate
I initiated the return process last Friday and my experience to date has been far from ideal (image of monitor playing Metro 2033 in a dim room https://i.imgur.com/jBePq7j.jpg). I was told I would receive a new monitor within 10 days.

I then called on Monday to get confirmation, spend an hour and a half on the phone to be told that it is awaiting approval and nothing is confirmed for me to get a new monitor. I call back today and spend another hour on the phone to be told that the monitor works as intended and nothing will be done. I fought on the phone and have now been told that the "tech team" will approve a replacement but it has to go to the replacement team to approve which I'll know in 2 days if they will accept it or not.

The monitor is 2 weeks old tomorrow and I've spent a total of 4 hours on the phone to Dell with no resolution. I am beyond annoyed and have no idea what do to. I just want the damn thing replaced and don't want to be waiting in limbo and having to call them every few days. My GPU has an issue in some games when using display port where the screen flickers black. I had this with another monitor so I know it's not this monitor, but I'm tempted if this request fails to just say the monitor is faulty flicking black. What do you guys think I should do?

S2k

S2k

Associate
I initiated the return process last Friday and my experience to date has been far from ideal (image of monitor playing Metro 2033 in a dim room https://i.imgur.com/jBePq7j.jpg). I was told I would receive a new monitor within 10 days.

I then called on Monday to get confirmation, spend an hour and a half on the phone to be told that it is awaiting approval and nothing is confirmed for me to get a new monitor. I call back today and spend another hour on the phone to be told that the monitor works as intended and nothing will be done. I fought on the phone and have now been told that the "tech team" will approve a replacement but it has to go to the replacement team to approve which I'll know in 2 days if they will accept it or not.

The monitor is 2 weeks old tomorrow and I've spent a total of 4 hours on the phone to Dell with no resolution. I am beyond annoyed and have no idea what do to. I just want the damn thing replaced and don't want to be waiting in limbo and having to call them every few days. My GPU has an issue in some games when using display port where the screen flickers black. I had this with another monitor so I know it's not this monitor, but I'm tempted if this request fails to just say the monitor is faulty flicking black. What do you guys think I should do?

Jeez, that sounds crap.. That would almost make me carefully wire cut something inside to completely break the thing and then report it as dead rather than a reason DELL can try and weasel around.

Associate
Jeez, that sounds crap.. That would almost make me carefully wire cut something inside to completely break the thing and then report it as dead rather than a reason DELL can try and weasel around.

I wouldn't be so annoyed if the support was competent but I've spent 4 hours so far on the phone with them and still nothing. I know the screen flicker is my gpu (RX480) and I'm tempted to say it's a faulty monitor and record the issue.

Associate
(image of monitor playing Metro 2033 in a dim room https://i.imgur.com/jBePq7j.jpg). I was told I would receive a new monitor within 10 days.

I was looking at buying one of these over the asus pg279q but after that picture I’m in two minds now it’s horrendous bloom in the corners !! plus customer service doesn’t sound great and I see on here someone said they received a returned item as a new monitor ?

Associate
(image of monitor playing Metro 2033 in a dim room https://i.imgur.com/jBePq7j.jpg). I was told I would receive a new monitor within 10 days.

I was looking at buying one of these over the asus pg279q but after that picture I’m in two minds now it’s horrendous bloom in the corners !! plus customer service doesn’t sound great and I see on here someone said they received a returned item as a new monitor ?

I mean there are people with perfectly fine monitors. Mine has hardly any IPS glow.

judging by delivery dates they do not have a lot of them... i think they are facing some problems in facing demand for this model.
I'm hardly surprised. The dell 20% discount plus the numerous codes going around. It's such a bargain, and saved me circa £100 over the LG equivalent I was looking at. That's a good amount I can put towards something else, like those non-existent cards Nvidia are apparently selling.

Associate
Just an update. Still fighting with Dell on getting the monitor replaced. They are saying all light bleed/IPS glow is part of the design on the monitor. I wouldn't mind so much but even in a mildly lit room, the glow is bad in the bottom left corner where is washes everything out.

Back
Top Bottom