Asus ROG X570 Crosshair Dark Hero Release? *** NO Competitor Talk ***

Associate
OP
Cheers mate hopefully can get just before the 5950x,just ordered the hero WiFi but then saw this dropped and I much prefer the dark hero look to the original.

Soldato
Cheers mate hopefully can get just before the 5950x,just ordered the hero WiFi but then saw this dropped and I much prefer the dark hero look to the original.
What's the use of PC?
For gaming 16 core is wasted money which could be saved for later upgrades or for something else actually usefull.

Also £209 MSI X570 Tomahawk is all what gaming PC needs and it's really enough for nearly any use.
(VRM is already off the charts bat crazy overkill)
More expensive board simply won't make PC any faster or longer good lasting, but only makes you that much poorer, while marketroids laugh their asses off on their way to bank.

Associate
OP
I think this will be the board I will upgrade from my X99 Rampage V Extreme. I love the design, boards like the Tomahawk just look bad IMO.
Yeah the tomahark mobos just looks bad imo, i like the dark designs of the new hero so hoping i can pick one up before the new zen3 chips drop.

Associate
Yeah the tomahark mobos just looks bad imo, i like the dark designs of the new hero so hoping i can pick one up before the new zen3 chips drop.

exactly this, so many boards just look "ugly". I know its all subjective, for me the dark hero looks clean and premium and what i'd want to see in a windowed case. So many X570 / B450/550 boards are "IMO" just ugly.

Associate
I'm hoping for release for this just before the new Ryzens as was looking to get a Crosshair Hero Wifi, but prefer the look of this board.

Answering the question of eSAT on why this board against the Tomahawk for me it's about the USB sockets on the back of the board which I find much nicer than an expansion card or a desk based cabled expansion

Associate
I'm hoping for release for this just before the new Ryzens as was looking to get a Crosshair Hero Wifi, but prefer the look of this board.

Answering the question of eSAT on why this board against the Tomahawk for me it's about the USB sockets on the back of the board which I find much nicer than an expansion card or a desk based cabled expansion

I'm lookingat a Aorus X570 AORUS MASTER too, decisions decisions...

Associate

it looks like a good board but I choose against it when doing some research on price this could be double the Tomahawk X570 with the ASUS comedy pricing added :eek: no thank you

Associate
Is there any difference other than colour and no fan?

Asus changed the power stages to 90 A vs 60 A in the original hero board, but by all accounts the 60 A vrm on the original was more than sufficient but this is the other big change apart from a fanless chipset

Associate
it looks like a good board but I choose against it when doing some research on price this could be double the Tomahawk X570 with the ASUS comedy pricing added :eek: no thank you

agree, price will be high, but i've put a few quid aside for my new build to go into my Lian Li DK-05F desk/case so not too bothered by the price difference. When I add in the 3080, MB, New Ryzen CPU, 32GB memory, water cooling, NVME etc the MB price is only a small part.

Back
Top Bottom