• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Any one ordered from Currys for an Xbox Series S that doesnt want to go ahead with their order? Happy to take the code and give £5 back.

Edit.. nevermind was able to order on shopto just now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed got mine delivered last week. Its a beaut, ready for Series X.

uc

These too!

uc

Soldato
I like!
I use my Sony XM3 plugged in with a Vmoda boom mic, so justifying getting anything else just for the sake of being totally wireless is a bit too spendy right now for me :p

Shame I can't use the controller yet as I don't have an Xbox. I fondled it so much, my current PS4 controller feels like crap in comparison.

Soldato
So, have largely been ignoring 120hz, with both screens I use being 60hz, but got to wondering what options there were - for me, almost none!

I would replace my bedroom screen first if any, so need ~40 inches, and need something that will either output audio via optical or have arc ability. so actually, I have not been able to find a single screen to replace my current Sony 43 inch I am using as monitor to get me to 120hz.

Have struggled to find any TV's in that size with 120hz, and while there are some monitors, sound options are negligible. The closest option I could find is an Asus. And ignoring sound, doesn't seem like an ideal screen for my photo editing or coding.

Anyone else found options I haven't?

Man of Honour
Indeed got mine delivered last week. Its a beaut, ready for Series X.

uc

These too!

uc

The TB 700s are very impressive. I can't wait to use mine for gaming (so far have only been testing them with various videos). They are very very comfortable to wear too.

I may well add the Elite 2 to my collection. I'm just a bit apprehensive about spending that kind of money when you read some of the stories about build quality.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I may well add the Elite 2 to my collection. I'm just a bit apprehensive about spending that kind of money when you read some of the stories about build quality.

There are so many common issues with them. I'm waiting for a Series 3, hopefully with motion control as playing an FPS without it is horrible now.

Soldato

I’ve had 6 Elite V2 controllers from Amazon, every single one had an issue (cosmetic defects / one of the vibration motors not working / A button not working all the time / the rubber grips not being stuck on properly etc).

No idea how anyone ever gets a good one. I just gave up on the end.

Soldato
The TB 700s are very impressive. I can't wait to use mine for gaming (so far have only been testing them with various videos). They are very very comfortable to wear too.

Yes the 700s are very comfortable indeed! Looking forward to using it properly.

In regards to the elite controller, I grabbed the 3 years warranty with Accidental damage when I bought it from Amazon. Only cost a tenner.
I like!
I use my Sony XM3 plugged in with a Vmoda boom mic, so justifying getting anything else just for the sake of being totally wireless is a bit too spendy right now for me :p

Shame I can't use the controller yet as I don't have an Xbox. I fondled it so much, my current PS4 controller feels like crap in comparison.

I am also xbox-less at the moment, tested it with xbox game pass on the laptop and teblet via Bluetooth and it works great. Streets of Rage 4 run great over android stream and installs on laptop even with onboard Intel gpu! Smooth no lag.

Associate
May have been covered but is native 1440p support confirmed for the XSX?

No upscaling/downscaling but support from devs to optimise games for 1440p/60+ displays?

Associate

I picked up a pair of the 700s a couple of weeks ago, tried them on my pc (traded in my xbox a few weeks back) they really sound impressive using the Dolby app, they should sound great when my Series X arrives.

Bought the full version of the app which lets me access Atmos on the series X too :)

Cheers all

Caporegime
Anyone heard anything from Micrr

No upscaling/downscaling but support from devs to optimise games for 1440p/60+ displays?

I am hoping for this too, as im probably going to be running it through my 1440p monitor in my studio for a while. probably not going to be allowed it in the living room :D

Caporegime
OP

What difference would it make though if it's downscaled from 4K? It'll look cleaner on a smaller resolution display - free anti-aliasing. I can only see them doing 1440p if it was in a specific game mode like 1440p60 instead of 4K30.

Associate
Will I be able to connect 6.5mm headphones to the controller successfully? I have some very nice Sennheisers but i assume I'd need a 6.5 to 3.5 adaptor? I presume there isn't a way to attach them to the console directly, to avoid having the cable in my lap??

Soldato
I’ve had 6 Elite V2 controllers from Amazon, every single one had an issue (cosmetic defects / one of the vibration motors not working / A button not working all the time / the rubber grips not being stuck on properly etc).

No idea how anyone ever gets a good one. I just gave up on the end.
Stop using amazon, presumably they are recycling returned stock?

Caporegime
Stop using amazon, presumably they are recycling returned stock?
Exactly, I had the original elite from them and it had a few issues so returned it and got another one, this one was even worse so returned it and got my money back.
I ordered one direct from Microsoft and it was perfect. Still is in good shape as well to this day but I have the elite 2 and hands down it is so much better than the original elite.
Although the one I got had squealing vibration motors but I sent it back to Microsoft, where I originally bought it from and they replaced it with a new one and this one is perfect. Absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom