US: Star Trek: Discovery

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I'll take Bakula over this bunch of variously faceless/charmless/witless/annoying/combination thereofs on the USS Discoball every day of the week. Twice on Sundays.

Just recently rewatched that thought it was great. Just disappointed they stopped it prematurely.

Soldato
I thought it was a bit pants tbh. Star Trek is about is about the crew, not just one person saving time, space and the universe.

And the ending? 40 years day in, day out? I half expected them to "ur rah!"

But some beautiful set scenery, hopefully we get back into space soon.

Soldato
Im trying to not think of it as trek and some new sci fi show, it helps a bit lol. Tho s3 start without the original crew and silly warp spinning ship in the episode is refreshing, shame michaels in it. If only she wasnt in this episode it would have been great as a new trek show based in the future.

The andorians new look isnt too bad, i think i like it, a bit more alien but looking still like the originals. The male orion tho seemed a bit off, i think enterprise with big show cast in it being a orion was cooler.

I hope now with it being in the future we can see how tng races such as cardassians, ferengi, etc are doing and see some ships from them. Id hate to think they wont do a catch up of the races. Wonder how ds9 and bajor and the wormhole are in the future id love if they got a mention especially to see if ben eventually left the wormhole. Spoiler i hope, ben and the prophets fix it all as ben has been waiting for this all those years for it to happen lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
God think I hate Burnham even more now. How is that possible?

Saying that I don't hate the show it's not as bad as Picard. I still don't like it but will watch it anyway.c

I like Book and the Cat!!!

I can't see this lasting much longer tho. The cost of production must be huge and all the internal fighting going on with Paramount trying to save the movies.
I don't think the woman they brought in to save the movie franchise wants to tie in any of the new movies with the TV shows and Alex is going nuts.

Can't blame her. That alone has me interested.

Soldato
Hopefully Book replaces Burnham. He had more personality in one episode than she has for 2 seasons.

I dont blame the actress but **** me she is playing such a dull badly scripted character.
Well TBH Burnham showed more range in that one episode than the first two season put together lol.

CBS must just be all in on Trek because the viewing numbers ain't great.

Soldato
But she was raised Vulcan.

I don't blame the actress, it is her character that is this way, we just have a significant amount of focus on her - imagine a series with Spock as the lead character? It was Kirk etc who gave the show pace and dialogue. There are even some who are complaining she is TOO emotional for someone raised Vulcan.

SQM is actually a very good actress, loved her in The Walking Dead.

Soldato
Episode 2 -

Can you all look in the background at around 21mins 10secs - is that hill walkers?!

Better in video not image as you can actually see them moving.

Bjv2iKo.png

Back
Top Bottom