*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Well this is completely unusable....

...as my partner has entirely commandeered it to play Beat Saber and the foam face plate is constantly soggy now. Very good piece of kit, waiting for custom face plates now

Soldato
Been giving Axegend a go this evening. Not bad. A bit clunky, and a few bugs need to be worked out yet. But it's free (on Sidequest) and fairly entertaining. It's a hack and slash tower defence rogue-like.

Associate
Although i used VD a lot with the quest1, I've only recently found a few things.

The latency you see on your monitor when VD is in desktop (latency desktop) mode means nothing. You need to be playing a game on the quest, take it off, but cover one of the eye pieces so it thinks its still on, then bring streamer app on top of the Pc desktop screen. The latency see now see (latency VR) is the one you are after.

Alyx was giving me absolutely shocking latency, I was seeing 120ms+ at times.

If you see unacceptable latency like that, then, counter-intuitively, you need to pull the bitrate down. Like most, the first thing I did was wack it up to the max. I have no idea why reducing bitrate helps latency. But the VD developer consistenly suggests in on the discord discussion, and I think he has his own around 75-80. I have mine down to 75Mps and my latency is now around 40ms. This is with a wifi5 router, so Wifi6 might be better.

Associate
I used a link cable and mirrored my desktop into the home environment and then Bigscreen, neither allow the Sky Go programme to show it's video. Anyone know how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom