• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I know the 12 and 12 Pro will be available for preorder at 1pm, but what I don't get is why none of the networks will even give any details on pricing beforehand. It seems completely pointless. Not that I plan on getting it on contract this time round but still, I just don't get the point.

Permabanned
Been an Android user for a few years now and this is the first time in a while I've liked the look of a new Apple device enough to consider switching. Only thing that puts me off is that disgusting notch they're persisting with... for a company that's obsessed with design, you'd have thought they'd shift it after this many generations!

Soldato
Been an Android user for a few years now and this is the first time in a while I've liked the look of a new Apple device enough to consider switching. Only thing that puts me off is that disgusting notch they're persisting with... for a company that's obsessed with design, you'd have thought they'd shift it after this many generations!
Well it can’t really go anywhere until it’s possible to put the hardware behind the screen.

Soldato
Is that truly the case? Is it because of the face unlock tech? Or are they just being stubborn because it's a distinctly 'iPhone' looking bit of design?

at the moment you have an IR projector and a separate sensor to pickup the IR dots on the face, it needs to be separated and there’s also the front facing camera to squeeze in, hence the need for the notch, I guess they could go back to a top bezel and integrate it into the bezel, but I think edge to edge screens have taken over as the primary design choice. I’m fine with bezels personally, my cases tend to be quite chunky and typically come over the bezels anyway. But understand bezels aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Soldato
So it looks like not many going from 11p to 12p

I am, but only because my 11 Pro Max was on contract so I sold it to clear the contract off.

Going to get a 12 Pro outright rather than 12 Pro Max because I found the 11 Pro Max to be a bit on the large side for me. Not only that but 11 Pro Max weighed 227g - the same as 12 Pro Max - and you can definitely notice the heft from it. I went from an XS Max to the 11 Pro Max and the extra 20g or so shocked me at the time.

Soldato
I am, but only because my 11 Pro Max was on contract so I sold it to clear the contract off.

Going to get a 12 Pro outright rather than 12 Pro Max because I found the 11 Pro Max to be a bit on the large side for me. Not only that but 11 Pro Max weighed 227g - the same as 12 Pro Max - and you can definitely notice the heft from it. I went from an XS Max to the 11 Pro Max and the extra 20g or so shocked me at the time.

Yeah that the only reason I want to
Upgrade to 12 pro as want to come away from the max

Caporegime
I know the 12 and 12 Pro will be available for preorder at 1pm, but what I don't get is why none of the networks will even give any details on pricing beforehand. It seems completely pointless. Not that I plan on getting it on contract this time round but still, I just don't get the point.
Same here, I don’t get why no networks have put up their new plans/prices :/.

Soldato
If I get any of these it will be the 12 mini. I want to send a strong message that phones should be phone sized!

I was thinking mini, its physically smaller than the 6s though so not sure now, when you get into your 40's the eyes aren't what they were, but I agree about size other than my own optical and fat thumb issues...

Soldato
Bah, my new EE SIM arrived. Awful service/download at home but general feedback is good service everywhere else. I've been with Three for years and while I have decent service at home, any time I'm in a populated area I have hardly any bandwidth, even if the signal is strong. Maybe the alternative is Vodafone... EE seem to be leaders for 5G at the minute though.

Back
Top Bottom