Horizon Zero Dawn

Soldato
Okay so I've not got around to buying this yet so I don't know how much of an impact it actually had, but how was getting her to walk in a straight line not one of the first things to be fixed.

ne0

ne0

Associate
This game is awesome but I don't know how people are playing it on hard difficulties. I'm dying lots just on normal difficulty. The combat is so satisfying though and very deep; you really have to strategize.

Caporegime
This is behaving surprisingly well on my "nearly-potato" system. The only gripe I have is this weird black frame for a wee millisecond every now and again in cutscenes. But no crashes, mostly holding a 60fps with dynamic scaling. Very pleased overall.

V F

V F

Soldato
This is behaving surprisingly well on my "nearly-potato" system. The only gripe I have is this weird black frame for a wee millisecond every now and again in cutscenes. But no crashes, mostly holding a 60fps with dynamic scaling. Very pleased overall.

Nearly-potato system? This? Alienware Aurora R7, Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR4-2666, nVidia GTX 1070

Soldato
I was getting a 95% stutter-free experience up until the last patch. Fps is limited to 60 in RTSS, running a 2600x + 2070s@1440p.

Now it'll drop to sub 40fps for a second or so every 20-30seconds. Slightly annoying.

Soldato
I was getting a 95% stutter-free experience up until the last patch. Fps is limited to 60 in RTSS, running a 2600x + 2070s@1440p.

Now it'll drop to sub 40fps for a second or so every 20-30seconds. Slightly annoying.

wait in the menus for it to do the shader thing, it helped me running the benchie.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Is there any games with real HDR?
not sure if serious question or not? there are quite a few and nearly every AAA game that comes out these days has HDR. HZD has incredible HDR so your question seems a bit strange.

ne0

ne0

Associate
level 45...trying to grind up to level 50 to do the final frozen wilds mission and then main game final mission. Had such a good time with this game. After the last couple of patches the visuals have gone up a notch too.

Associate
I still need to do most of Frozen Wilds
The base game absolutely caught me off guard with how good it was. One of the best open world games I've ever played. I dunno what peoples gripe with the story was, I thought the twists and turns were fantastic and a lot of it was exceptionally emotional

Loved it so much I'm theming my new PC build on HADES

Associate
I am a couple of hours into the game, it looks quite pretty but there are far too many cutscenes, hopefully they start to reduce now.

The movement and combat seem designed very much with controller in mind, it doesn't feel good with mouse and keyboard.

Associate
I am a couple of hours into the game, it looks quite pretty but there are far too many cutscenes, hopefully they start to reduce now.

The movement and combat seem designed very much with controller in mind, it doesn't feel good with mouse and keyboard.
First few hours are cutscene heavy because it's trying to set the scene for what's going on. They become less obtrusive when you get free access to the entire map

In regards to the controls, it is a console port after all. Also why you'd want to use KB+M over a pad in a 3rd person game I don't know. Only issue would be aiming with the bow, but a few sensitivity tweaks and that becomes easy enough.

Soldato
not sure if serious question or not? there are quite a few and nearly every AAA game that comes out these days has HDR. HZD has incredible HDR so your question seems a bit strange.

There a few fake HDR games out there. RDR2 is one of them.
That's why the colors look washed out in HDR.

Back
Top Bottom