*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
It's so uncomfortable!! I can't wear it for more than 30 minutes before my forehead starts to hurt.

There used to be a way to put on the Rift Civ1 that was more comfortable, is there a trick with the basic strap on the Quest 2? A proper way to wear it?

The sooner they send out the Elite strap the better. The basic strap is killing me!!

Soldato
It's so uncomfortable!! I can't wear it for more than 30 minutes before my forehead starts to hurt.

There used to be a way to put on the Rift Civ1 that was more comfortable, is there a trick with the basic strap on the Quest 2? A proper way to wear it?

The sooner they send out the Elite strap the better. The basic strap is killing me!!

The arms on the sides are adjustable, try angling them around to see if it gets a better hold for you. The most important strap for me is the vertical one, once i have that in place the horizontal ones don't seem to matter too much.

Associate
Did you buy your prescription lenses from WinmoVR or elsewhere. Would you recommend them?

I was ok with my original Quest but I'm finding that the
Quest 2 facial interface is really tight on my glasses frame and more annoyingly they're very prone to fogging up when I have the headset on. So I'm thinking i might need to invest in prescription lenses for the quest 2.

Frames Direct in 2018, and they are great still. Came in case and pop in out out very quickly if someone else wants a try.

Soldato
Has anyone tried over ear headphones yet? The side arms are making it very difficult for mine to sit properly on my ears.

Yeah. I had my Bose QC35s on without issue. Just need to source a really short 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable, as the one I've got gets in the way.

I'm a little concerned that the headphones might not work with the Elite strap if I buy one though.

Associate
I can't believe how powerful this piece of kit is and how seamless the experience with Virtual Desktop has been so far. Booted up Half Life Alyx at around 10ish and didn't see bed for 4+ hours. Having owned a DK1 and a PSVR, it's just phenomenal too see the leaps in both technology and affordability. It really just reminds you how damned exciting even the most mundane of tasks can be in 2d gaming.

That could be related to the eye spacing being set incorrectly or the fact it doesn't go wide or narrow enough for you.

Soldato
Any recommendations for games for younger kids. Would like my daughter, 9, to be able to play something.

First steps ( or is ity contact? Whichever the new one is) had my son engaged for over an hour across a few sessions. Now he's played a bit of Bait too. Going to try the virtual pet thing soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to do more first steps/contact either. Similar age. I only let him play for shorter bursts though since its very immersive and i want him to get used to it.

Permabanned
First steps ( or is ity contact? Whichever the new one is) had my son engaged for over an hour across a few sessions. Now he's played a bit of Bait too. Going to try the virtual pet thing soon. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to do more first steps/contact either. Similar age. I only let him play for shorter bursts though since its very immersive and i want him to get used to it.

There is one called Oculus First Contact, will look at those, ta.:)

Soldato
Im finding the default cloth strap ok, its much better than the original quest and the smaller size and bit lighter headset makes a difference I think.

The annoying thing about the elite strap and especially the bulkier battery one will be when you lie with your head back to watch a movie.

Soldato
The arms on the sides are adjustable, try angling them around to see if it gets a better hold for you. The most important strap for me is the vertical one, once i have that in place the horizontal ones don't seem to matter too much.

That could be related to the eye spacing being set incorrectly or the fact it doesn't go wide or narrow enough for you.

Well, just before I read your post Something daft, I saw a post on Reddit about somebody trying on the glasses spacer to improve comfort, even though they don't wear glasses.

So I tried it out and it's better. It's not as sharp a pain as it was without the spacer and it's reduced enough so I can ignore the pain for longer.

Back
Top Bottom