• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is my 750W-Seasonic Tx enough for Rtx 3090?

Associate
Nvidia state 750 is required

Seasonic is a very good brand and that PSU looks to be a very good spec, I'd stick with it and see how you get on.

Removed the nvidia link as its their store site, go check under specs and it has a system compatibility link that states the 750W requirement.

Soldato
Could be ok but it might be living on the edge, like the song goes.

I like to have a lot of excess power personally as it makes for a cooler, quieter, less stressed system (which is why I splashed out on a Superflower Platinum 1000W about 4 years ago when I ran SLI).

Anyway, test it out. What's the worst that could happen (flaming fireball?)

Soldato
I have a Seasonic 760w with my 3080 and overclocked i5, sata hdd, nvme, 2 optical drives, wc pump, 8 fans, running perfectly. I would say you should be good :)

Soldato
my sf 750w unit kept shutting down on my system , i have a overclocked 3900x @4.4ghz all core and a zotac rtx 3090 with +100 core and +500 memory, when i set the gpu back to default the shutdowns go away, but when i oc again within a second of any kind of load being applied my stsem shuts down, luckly i have a hx 1000w unit installed and i can run the cpu and gpu overclocked with no problems :)

Associate
OP
So on stock without oc , no raising power limit etc i will be fine?:)

Somebody on G3d forum said:"So I have this issue with my 3090 FE and it's when I play with power limit and set it to 114% my card power peaks around 390-395W of power but after playing a game at that power limit my pc will just shut down. Do you think I am hitting my psu power limit and it just shuts down? I am on Seasonic Prime TX-850 Titanium (not even a year old). It's only when I play with power limit

Here's one game where it will play for a bit and just randomly shut off my pc. Temps are good all around so the only thing I can think of is 850W is not enough power for this card."

So he had shutdowns only when raising power limit?weird,but he have FE its with 1x12 pin?

Last edited:
Soldato
The best thing is to try it and see, if it shuts down then you have a good idea as to what may be the issue :)
If that guy has a SS 850w and the card is drawing nearly 400w when power limit is raised, he must have some beefy cpu and/or overclock or lots of other stuff running from psu to be using the other 450w !

Back
Top Bottom